Hi everyone – I’d like to introduce you to Sarah from from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. She’s taken over the blog tonight and is sharing some awesome Coconut Cream Cake with us tonight. Take a moment to pop on over to her blog and check out all her family fun recipes.
- 1 box white cake mix (plus oil, eggs, water as stated by box)
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can cream of coconut (I found mine in the beer aisle)
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut (toasted, optional)
- Mix together cake batter as stated on box. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Pour into a greased 9×13″ pan and bake according to box instructions.
- Immediately after removing from oven, poke holes into the top of the cake.
- Pour cream of coconut over top. Cool to room temperatures, then chill in refrigerator until cooled completely.
- Top cooled cake with Cool Whip and sprinkle with 1 cup coconut. Keep refrigerated until serving time.