This apple spice bundt cake is a perfect way to celebrate the fall season. It’s moist, flavorful, and topped with a sweet maple glaze that will make your mouth water. This incredible apple bundt cake is going to become your favorite fall treat and your most asked for recipe.
I know that you and your family are going to love this Apple Spice Bundt Cake with cream cheese frosting and a drizzle of maple syrup. It’s like Autumn on a platter!
Apple Spice Bundt Cake
It’s that time of year again where we can walk out of our door and feel the brisk air nipping at our noses. Fall is here, which means it’s time to break out the apple-related recipes.
For those of you who are looking for a recipe for an easy dessert, this apple spice bundt cake is just what you’re looking for! It’s a surprising twist on a standard apple cake.
Apple spice cake from a box mix or from scratch
This stunning bundt cake can be done using a cake box mix, or with single ingredients from scratch. An apple spice cake mix basically contains all the basic, dry ingredients like flour, sugar, and leavening. We give you both options in the apple spice bundt cake recipe below.
If you want to give your cake an own twist, like substituting sugar with cane sugar for a caramel taste, you should make it from scratch. Bundt cake traditionally is a sponge cake.
What Kind of Apples to use?
When you are using apples in any kind of baked goods you want to make sure you are using a variety that is good for baking and tasteful. Some apples are not suited for baking because they become too moshy when baked, or have a slightly stale taste. Try:
- Crimson red
- Autumn Crisp
- Granny Smith
The tartness of these apples pairs perfectly with the sweet cake.
Do I have to Use a Bundt Pan?
You do not have to bake this cake in a bundt pan. You can bake it in a 9 x 13 or 2 round cake pans. Make sure whatever pan you use is large enough to hold the cake batter and only fill it to about 3/4 of the way full at the highest point.
Just keep in mind the baking time will change when you use a different pan. The lower the baking pan, the shorter the baking time. You will want to watch the cake and make sure that it does not burn and also that it is baked all the way through the cake.
If, against all expectations, you have some of the cake remaining, you can keep it for up to 5 days without any trouble. Pack it airtight and store it at room temperature.
If you want to freeze it, do so without the frosting. Cut it into slices and freeze them separately, so they are easier to take out later.
Check out these great recipes that you can also use Spice Cake Mix for:
Aromatic Apple Spice Bundt Cake
Spice Bundt Cake batter from scratch:
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
Bundt Cake batter with cake mix:
- 1 Spice Cake Box Mix
Other ingredients for the batter:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil water for the cake mix
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 3 ½ oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 apples shredded
For the Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk
- Maple syrup for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and prepare a 12 cup bundt pan. Remove all ingredients from the fridge at least 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Beat the eggs with the water in a bowl until foamy, then add the cake mix and instant pudding, all mixing only loosely. Now add applesauce and mix until combined. Do not overmix .
Batter from Scratch:
- Put eggs with sugar in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until foamy. Then add the sifted flour, vanilla pudding mix, baking powder, salt and spices. Mix until combined but do not overmix! Add applesauce and oil and mix.
- Add in the shredded apples and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 60- 65 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn it over on to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Mix the room temperature cream cheese, butter, sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon with a whisk for 5 minutes until combined. Add milk as needed to thin the icing to a smooth yet runny consistency.
- Drizzle frosting over the bundt cake and add more maple syrup of you’d like. Slice and serve.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.