This quick and easy Almond Apple Cheesecake Recipe is going to be your new favorite treat. It combines sweet cinnamon apples with cheesecake that is perfect with some caramel sauce.
This post and recipe was created for #EasterSweetsWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. Thanks to Analon for the square springform pan and Rainier for the apples.
Almond Apple Cheesecake Recipe
I am a huge fan of apple pies. I love the sweet cinnamon and tart apples, and when Rainier sent a box of beautiful Honey Crisp and Pink Lady apples, I knew that I had to bake with a few.
However, I also love cheesecake and was thinking of using the square springform pan for cheesecake bars. I was wondering if I could combine my love of apple pie with my craving for cheesecake.
That’s when I knew that I had to make apple cheesecake bars. I cut back on the cheesecake filling so that it wasn’t as thick as a traditional cheesecake, made a flour based crust, and added sliced apples and almonds on top.
I thought it turned out perfectly.
This almond apple cheesecake recipe is perfect for any weekend treat. Add some caramel sauce or a scoop of ice cream to make it extra special.
Now, I referred to this recipe as “bars” because you can cut the 9 x 9 pan into square bars and serve it. The crust cooks up firm and held up much better than a graham cracker crust.
I hope that you give it a try for your Easter Weekend or Spring Break.
Here’s a few more yummy cheesecake recipes for ya!
Welcome to this year’s #EasterSweetWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of Springtime and Easter dessert recipes! We’re sharing tons of treats this week plus a few fantastic giveaways! You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
This year we have are 28 fantastic bloggers participating in this year’s Easter dessert event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of great Springtime and Easter themed dessert recipes with you. With over 75 sweet dessert recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to want to save some of these recipes to make again and again! We even hope that some of these recipes end up in your Easter recipe keepsake collection! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Check out the amazing #EasterSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Candy and Fudge:
- Piña Colada Biscotti from My Sweet Zepol
- Lemon Madeleines from Mildly Meandering
- Jelly Bean Flower Cookies from The Decorated Cookie
- Coconut Macaroon Easter Nests from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Lemon Pancakes with Blueberry Compote from A Classic Twist
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Mug Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cream Puffs from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Pecan Praline French Toast Bake from Southern From Scratch
- Pistachio Cannolis from The Whimsy One
- Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Pudding Trifles from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Almond Apple Cheesecake Bars from Pint Sized Baker
No Bake Desserts:
- No-Bake Funfetti Cheesecake from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream Bonbons from For the Love of Food
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #EasterSweetsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Rainier Fruit, Anolon and Microplane! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #EasterSweetsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
For the Crust
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed
- 1 - 3 tablespoons water, cold
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
For the Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C Dixie Crystals sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Adam's Vanilla Extract
For the Topping
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups Rainier Apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
For the Crust
- In a food processor combine the flour and sugar. Pulse in the butter a few times. Slowly add in only enough water so that the mixture holds together when pressed.
- Press into the bottom of an Analon 9" square springform pan. Prick with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. The crust will be soft, but set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Cover the crust with the raspberry jam.
For the Cheesecake
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth - be careful not to over mix.
- Pour over the raspberry jam.
Make the Topping
- Slice the apples and coat in the cinnamon and sugar. Spoon the apple slices over the cheesecake batter and sprinkle on the slices almonds.
- Bake the cheesecake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Run a knife along the edge to loosen it. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the pan and serve with caramel sauce or a scoop of ice cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.