Strawberry Brownie Cheesecake recipe with a brownie base, cheesecake layer, strawberry puree, and topped with huge chocolate curls and fresh strawberries.
Strawberry Brownie Cheesecake
A brownie based cheesecake with a brownie cheesecake layer, strawberry puree, and topped with huge chocolate curls and fresh strawberries. Whew, that’s a mouthful – in more ways than one. This dessert is sure to please any chocolate covered strawberry lover. It’s a pretty straightforward cheesecake to make, and it always turns out amazing. I had a serious love affair with this strawberry brownie cheesecake, and I think I’m hooked on the idea of a brownie base. Don’t get me wrong, graham cracker crust is wonderful, too, but this thick fudgy layer just added so much more to it.
I was really stuck on what to make with my seven pounds of strawberries. I mean, the sky’s the limit with that much strawberries, but I was looking for something exciting and different.
While I was looking up Strawberry Cheesecakes, I noticed a commonality – they all seemed to me as no-bake versions or just had a slight swirl added to the top. I wanted strawberries all the way though it. I’m guessing that the added moisture to the cheesecake makes it difficult to cook… I don’t know. If you know of a good traditional Strawberry Cheesecake recipe, please let me know.
Since I couldn’t find what I wanted, I had to turn to other ideas. Brownies are always good! So, So I decided to bake the brownies in the pan first, then add the cheesecake to the it.
I was a bit nervous about adding the strawberry puree. I didn’t know what that was gonna do, but it worked out great and gave the cheesecake a little extra flavor without overpowering it.
It was a totally indulgent mid-day snack! I actually had to bribe three little girls with it to leave me alone while I took my photographs. They wanted to go to the pool and I wanted to get the photos done! It was quite an ordeal. They just didn’t get it.
I know you totally get it! A mother’s work is never done.
Also, before you ask about the curls, here’s a previous post I made with them with a video on how to make them. They may look a bit intimidating and you might find it frustrating the first time you make them, but temperature is key and patience is required.
For the Brownie Layer
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 4 8oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 strawberries, pureed
- Chocolate curls and strawberries for garnish
For the brownies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a 9" Springform pan with foil tightly wrapped around the outside. Then spread with Flour.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until all melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add in both sugars and stir until combined. Mixture will be grainy. Stir for 5 minutes allowing it to cool slightly.
- Stir in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in flour, vanilla, and salt. Reserve ¾ cups and bake remainder for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the bowl while preparing the cheesecake layer.
For the cheesecake
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth with a paddle attachment. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla on slow speed until well combined.
- Add ⅓ cup of the cream cheese mix to the reserved brownie batter and stir.
- Pour half the brownie batter into the prepared Springform pan and smooth.
- Then pour half the cheesecake mixture onto the brownie layer and smooth.
- Add 1/2 of the remaining brownie mixture over it, finally add the pureed strawberries. Do not mix. It will thin out.
- Add the remaining cream cheese mixture on top and then spoon the brownie mix over and swirl with a knife.
- Make sure the foil is still secure around the pan. Place the pan into a baking dish and add an inch of water. Place into the oven and bake for 90 minutes. The surface should no longer be shiny and will have a slight giggle.
- Let the cheesecake cool for one hour and place in the fridge overnight to firm up.
- Make your chocolate curls and add when your are ready to serve.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.