Chocolate chip cookies are a classic, go-to favorite for any occasion. But have you ever tried the upgraded version of this beloved treat? We’re talking about this chocolate chip pudding cookie recipe. If you haven’t already heard about them, don’t worry, we’ll tell you all about them! Here’s your ultimate guide to chocolate chip pudding cookies.
What are Pudding Cookies?
Pudding cookies are a delicious treat that combines the rich flavors of chocolate chip cookies with a creamy pudding mix. These cookies are typically made by combining butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, and vanilla with an equal amount of a boxed pudding mix. The mixture is then scooped into balls before baking to create a soft, chewy texture. Pudding cookies are typically served as an after-dinner treat or as a snack with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee.
What Makes Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies Different?
The secret ingredient that makes these cookies extra special is pudding mix! Adding pudding mix to cookie dough creates a softer, chewier texture with added flavor and moisture. This makes the cookie taste even more delicious than your standard chocolate chip cookie.
You can use any flavor of instant pudding mixes, like vanilla, cheesecake, or banana cream. It’s a great way to explore unique flavor combinations. And if you love chocolate chips in your cookies, adding a few extra ones won’t hurt either!
Ingredients Needed for a Cookie Recipe with Pudding
- All-purpose flour – You’ll need all-purpose flour to make a batch of pudding cookies.
- Instant vanilla pudding mix – This is the main ingredient needed to create a creamy, pudding-like filling for your cookies.
- Baking soda – You’ll need a small amount of baking soda to help your cookies rise and create that familiar, crisp texture.
- Unsalted butter – Butter is a key ingredient in most cookie recipes and helps create that rich, indulgent flavor.
- Brown sugar – Brown sugar adds a nice depth of flavor to your pudding cookies and sweetness and texture.
- Granulated sugar – Granulated sugar is essential for rolling your cookie dough in before baking to create a crispy, sugary shell.
- Large eggs – Eggs help to bind the ingredients together and create a nice, soft texture for your cookies.
- Chocolate chips – The perfect finishing touch to your pudding cookies, adding a rich, chocolatey flavor.
- Vanilla extract – A small amount of vanilla extract is a great way to enhance the flavor of your pudding cookies, especially when paired with chocolate chips.
- Don’t forget the salt!
How to Store Chocolate Chip Cookies with Vanilla Pudding
If you want to keep your chocolate chip pudding cookies fresh and delicious, there are a few simple storage tips that you can follow. The best way to store these cookies is in an airtight container or zip-top bag at room temperature. To prevent the cookies from getting stale, wait until they have cooled completely before transferring them to your storage container.
You can also place a piece of bread or an apple in the container to help keep your cookies soft and fresh. Alternatively, you can wrap each cookie in plastic and place them together in a zip-top bag.
Some additional tips for keeping your chocolate chip pudding cookies fresh include:
- Avoid stacking your cookies on top of one another, as this can cause the cookies to crumble.
- Add a slice of bread to your container. The bread will release moisture keeping the cookies soft.
- Store your cookies in an airtight container, so they don’t dry out or get stale. Storing them in the fridge will keep them fresher for longer.
- If you feel like your chocolate chip pudding cookies have gotten a little stale, you can briefly warm them up in the oven or microwave to restore their soft and chewy texture.
Whether you love snacking on cookies with a cup of coffee or serving them after dinner as an indulgent dessert, chocolate chip pudding cookies are perfect for any occasion. Their rich and decadent flavor, chewy texture, and creamy, and soft, chewy texture.
Recipes with Pudding Mix
- Oatmeal Raisin Pumpkin Pudding Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Oreo Pudding Cookies
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 small box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl each time.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix just until combined, don’t overbeat.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter using a cookie dough scoop or tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and lightly golden brown. These cookies are best a little under-baked.
- Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.