This is the perfect fall dessert that you have to try! This Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake is the perfect fall dessert. It’s full of cinnamon and pumpkin spice with a smooth creamy finish. The cheesecake is finished off with sugared pepitas and homemade whipped cream. Does it get any better?
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sugared Pepitas and Homemade Whipped Cream
The pumpkin cheesecake is a dessert that contains the flavors of Fall. It has a spiced pumpkin puree and cream cheese filling with cinnamon and nutmeg, which are staples in this season. This recipe also includes homemade gingersnap cookie crumbs for added holiday flavor. It’s easy to make from scratch, so you can have more time to spend on other things!
This Pumpkin Cheesecake is perfect served at any Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner gathering. The spices in it will remind your guests of these festive seasons! When you add in the beautiful display with the sugared pepitas and whipped cream, you have a very impressive dessert.
What are Pepitas
Pepitas are also called hulled pumpkin seeds and they come from pumpkins. Pepitas are smooth and covered in a light green skin. They have a firmer texture and chewier flavor than most other types of pumpkin seeds, which makes them great for snacking or adding to salads. I have coated the seeds in sugar, making them taste candied, and it adds so much to the cheesecake
Adding these little extras made all the difference between a basic cheesecake and one that was out-of-this-world!
What have you been enjoying this fall?
We’ve been apple picking, through the corn maze, participated in an Octoberfest, took care of some fall garden clean-up, bought a pumpkin, and got our Halloween decorations out. Still have to get them up, but they are out of the basement.
How Long Does Pumpkin Cheesecake Last
This pumpkin cheesecake with sugar pepitas and homemade whipped cream is best on the first day. It will last in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days without the whipped cream on top. You want to make sure to keep it cool so that it does not spoil.
If you’re not a big fan of cold desserts, the pumpkin cheesecake may be left out on the counter for up to 2 hours before serving. However, the longer the cheesecake spends at room temperatures, the faster the cheesecake will go bad.
Just wait until serving to add the whipped cream.
If the pumpkin seeds aren’t your thing, you can always go with the pecan topping I made here. That would be amazing on this dessert as well!
What do you think? What would you put on top of your cheesecake?
Of course, if you don’t want to bake a cheesecake, but still want cheesecake flavor, try making these Cheesecake Cookies, some Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Parfaits, or a big tray of Dutch Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars.
For the Sugared Pepitas
- 1/2 C Pepitas
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 C sugar
For the Whipped Cream
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 1/4 C brown sugar
For the Pepitas
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Mix the egg whites with the sugar and pepitas. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Spread out the pumpkin seeds evenly on the tray and bake for 30 minutes. The egg whites should be completely dry, leaving the seeds and sugar behind. Leave the seeds in the oven with the door cracked for another hour and then leave them on the counter for another hour to complete drying. The pumpkin seeds should no longer be sticky and completely dry.
For the Whipped Cream
- While the pepitas are cooking, prepare your whipped cream. Whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Add in the sour cream and the brown sugar and whip them in. Cover and place into the fridge for several hours to allow the brown sugar to melt in.
Assemble the Cheesecake
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge 30 minutes prior to serving. Run a knife along the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan and remove the ring. Slide a metal spatula (I use a Cake Lifter) under the crust to loosen from the base, gently lift and place on a serving platter.
- Top with the whipped cream, sprinkle on the sugared pepitas and arrange Moravian Ginger Snap halves around the cheesecake.
- Slice and enjoy!
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.