I usually have pretty decorated cake pops that take a little skill to make. However, today, I’ve got a basic cake pop that is packed full of yummy chocolate and coconut flavor.
A while ago I came across Almond Joy Frosting and I passed it up.
It’s kinda been mocking me for a while now. Sitting there on the shelf, looking sad and alone. Calling out to me to make something with it. But for whatever reason, it has taken me a long time to give in and try it.
I finally caved and brought home a container with me. So, of course I decided to make some yummy cake pops with it.
A yummy cake pop made with chocolate cake, large coconut flakes and an almond on top.
I loved this simple cake pop with a yummy flavor.
The key to cake pops starts off with good cake pop dough. You’ve to have good cake pop dough to be successful at making cake pops. Good cake pop dough is completely mixed. There should be no frosting or cake bits visible in the dough and it should have a constancy of play-doh. When working with the dough, it should not leave your hands dirty.
Wanna see a new Cake Pop Tutorial? I’ve been working to redo some of my YouTube Videos.
Check out this new video I made on how I make my cake pop dough.
I hope that you like the video and that it helps you to make great cake pops.
Almond Joy Cake Pops
- Combine the cake and frosting to make the cake pop dough.
- Measure out 10 equal sized cake balls and roll smooth. Refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate candy melts.
- Dip a lollipop into the candy and then insert the stick half way into the cake ball. Once all the cake balls are on the sticks, dip the cake pops into the chocolate, tap off the excess and add dried coconut then stand it up to harden and dry.
- When all of the pops are dry, add some chocolate rings around the coconut and add an almond to the top.
Gotta Sweet Tooth? Share your recipe with me on Instagram using the hashtag #PintSizedBaker so I can see what you've been craving!
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!