Make the perfect treat for you and your significant other with this Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting for Two recipe. These incredible cakes have the perfect texture and taste.
If you’d like to prepare a sweet treat for yourself and your partner to enjoy together after a romantic, intimate dinner, be sure to try this Mini Cake recipe. You’ll have the perfect amount of cake for you both to enjoy!
Small Vanilla Cake Recipe
Would you like to prepare the perfect Mini cake? You might not want a large cake with a bunch of servings leftover, especially if you’re preparing this sweet dessert for you to enjoy as a dessert with your significant other. If so, be sure to try this simple, stress-free recipe. Whether you’re skilled at baking or new in the kitchen, you won’t have to worry about struggling with this impressive dish!
Why You’ll Love This Mini Cakes Recipe
- These miniature cakes are delicious! If you want something full of flavor, this is an excellent choice.
- You won’t need a lot of ingredients to prepare these cakes from scratch.
- You can customize the mini cakes to your liking with sprinkles and other toppings, such as maraschino cherries.
Ingredients for the Cake Recipe for Two
If you’d like to prepare these delicious cakes, you’re going to need the following ingredients:
- Butter – Leave your three tablespoons of butter out to soften a bit before you use it.
- Flour – Use the flour as the base for your cake mixture.
- Vanilla Extract – Enhance the flavor of the cake with a bit of vanilla extract.
- Milk – Combine milk with flour, extract, butter, and other ingredients.
You’ll also need an egg white, baking powder, and salt for the cake. When preparing the frosting, you’re going to need more butter with powdered sugar, milk, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt. Don’t forget the sprinkles or any other toppings you might like to put on your cake.
How long does it take to make these mini cakes?
This is a 12-minute chocolate cake frosted mini cake recipe that won’t take long for you to prepare. It only takes 12 minutes to cook the cake, but you’ll need an additional 30 minutes for decorating and more.
Do I have to use milk when preparing the cake mixture?
If you don’t have milk available to use, you can replace it with cream, which will work just as well to leave his cake with the perfect taste and texture.
What else can I add to the cakes besides sprinkles?
In addition to sprinkles, you can use mini chocolate chip morsels, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or even a bit of whipped cream to decorate these cakes to your liking.
What should I do if the frosting appears to be too thick?
If you’ve noticed your frosting is thicker than you’d like, making it hard to work with, add a bit more milk to it and continue creaming it until it has the soft, creamy texture that you’d like. The homemade frosting should have a light and flavorful taste and texture.
- If you don’t plan on serving the cake immediately, you’ll need to wrap the slices in plastic wrap to keep the cake from drying out. The plastic wrap will protect it and help it retain its moisture.
- When you need to make a bit more cake, you can pour your batter into a cupcake pan. The recipe makes a total of six cupcakes, making it perfect for a small family!
- Feel free to use any sprinkles you like, such as chocolate, rainbow, or even nonpareils, based on your preference.
Variations of the Vanilla Cake
- You can add crushed bits of Oreo cookies to your cake batter to prepare a cookie and cream-style cake.
- If you’re a fan of funfetti cake, pour some colorful sprinkles into your cake batter before you bake the cake. It makes the cake look even more vibrant and exciting to eat!
- Don’t hesitate to use different frosting on your cake if you’re not a big fan of chocolate. You can use vanilla, strawberry, lemon, or any other variation of frosting on this homemade vanilla cake! Use this frosting recipe as the base and adjust the ingredients used accordingly.
More recipes just for two!
I love making a romantic dinner every now and then for me and my husband. Here are a few great recipes to try for date night before you enjoy those slices of cake.
- Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
- Steak with Cilantro Garlic Butter
- Easy Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Quick and Easy Fettuccini
- Small Batch Lasanga
For the Cake
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
For the Chocolate Frosting
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F and prepare an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar with a handheld mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg white and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Mix on low until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and smooth.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. The sides should start to pull away and the center will be dry.
- Remove from oven. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then flip out and cool completely while making the frosting.
Make the Frosting
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar, milk, salt, and cocoa powder together until smooth and creamy.
- Frost the bottom of the cake.
- Cut the cake in half. Place one half on top of the other half. (1/2 of a cake with two layers) Cut that in half again. Flip one slice over on top of the other slice so that the top does not have frosting on it. (1/4 of the cake with four layers) Frost the rounder outer side of the cake and the top. Decorate with sprinkles.
- When ready to serve, slice that 1/4 of a cake in half. You now have two slices of cake.
If you are not ready to serve the cake, be sure to wrap the exposed cut sides with plastic wrap. This will help to prevent the edges from drying out.
This recipe will also make 6 cupcakes if you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 878Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 1088mgCarbohydrates: 109gFiber: 1gSugar: 83gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.