Make a small sweet treat for you and your significant other with this recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes for Two. They’re moist, decadent, and perfect for a romantic evening with the one you love.
Do you want to prepare something sweet for your significant other? If you don’t want to make a large batch of cupcakes, where you’ll end up with a bunch of leftovers that you’d need to save, you should try these Chocolate Cupcakes for Two. They’re easy to prepare and delicious.
Small Batch Chocolate Cupcakes
Making small-batch chocolate cupcakes is such a simple process. With less work involved, you can expect to prepare these Chocolate Cupcakes for Two in little to no time, using fresh and flavorful ingredients in the process. Once you’re prepared these baked goodies, you can enjoy them after having a flavorful dinner for two by candlelight.
Why You’ll Love the Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
- It doesn’t take much time to prepare these baked goodies. You’ll spend 10 minutes preparing them and 30 minutes baking them, so you’ll have a flavorful treat ready to eat in less than an hour.
- These cupcakes are loaded with flavor. If you love chocolate, you’re going to love these cupcakes.
- These cupcakes are great for couples to enjoy on Valentine’s Day or after having a romantic dinner together.
Small Batch Cupcakes Ingredients
You’ll need a few essential ingredients to prepare these flavorful cupcakes, including:
- All-Purpose Flour – Start with your flour to create your homemade cake batter.
- Granulated White Sugar – Keep your cupcakes sweet with some granulated sugar.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – Use cocoa powder to give these cupcakes their decadent chocolate taste.
- Baking Soda – Add a bit of baking soda to ensure that your cupcakes have the perfect texture.
- Vanilla Extract – Don’t forget the vanilla extract! A hint of it will enhance the taste of your cupcakes even more.
You’ll also need a pinch of salt, milk, canola oil, and rainbow sprinkles. Make sure to have semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream to prepare the chocolate ganache to add to the cupcakes.
What type of unsweetened cocoa powder do I need?
You can use any brand of unsweetened cocoa powder that you’d like, such as Hershey’s or Nestle Toll House. Use what you can find! It doesn’t matter too much as long as you have the cocoa powder.
How do I make the ganache for these cupcakes?
Combine your chocolate chips with the heavy cream, place them in the microwave, and heat them for around 20 seconds. Be sure to use a fork to stir the mixture until it has a smooth, creamy consistency that you can easily add to your cupcakes for more flavor.
Do I have to use sprinkles on these cupcakes?
No, you don’t. The sprinkles add something extra to the cupcakes, but there are so many other great toppings you can use as a replacement, including fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries and raspberries. You can also add a caramel drizzle or even a dollop of whipped cream. Use what you think will taste best on these double chocolate cupcakes for two.
Recipe Notes & Tips
- If you notice that your ganache feels a bit thick, add a teaspoon or so of heavy cream to it to thin it out, making it easier to work with.
- Let your chocolate cupcakes cool down completely before you frost them. You can place them on a cooling rack to speed up the cooling time so that you can frost them a bit faster.
- Use a toothpick to check the center of your cupcakes. If it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done and ready for you to remove them from the oven. If not, you can leave them in the oven for a few extra minutes until they’re fully cooked and ready.
How to Store the Cupcakes
If you’re making the cupcakes in advance and need to store them until you’re ready to enjoy them with your partner, place them in a food storage container with an airtight lid, placing them side-by-side. You can keep them on the kitchen counter or place them in the fridge to keep them fresh and cold until you’re ready to pull them out and enjoy them.
Whipped Ganache Frosting
- 1/3 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heave cream
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 TBS granulated white sugar
- 1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 2 TBS milk
- 2 TBS canola oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Rainbow Sprinkles
Prepare the Ganache
- Place the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir with a fork until completely melted and smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
Bake the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add in the milk, oil, and vanilla and stir everything together to combine.
- Pour the batter into a cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- When the ganache is completely cooled, whip with a handheld mixer until doubled in volume. The frosting will be thick.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting and add sprinkles.
If the whipped ganache is too thick, add a teaspoon of cream at a time until you get the desired consistancy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.