Prepare a decadent homemade treat for you and your lover to eat with this recipe for Strawberry Cupcakes for Two. These moist and flavorful cupcakes are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat to share with that special someone.
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, you may be on the hunt to find the perfect dessert to prepare for yourself and your significant other. If so, you need to try this recipe for Small Batch Strawberry Cupcakes. You can make just enough of this incredible dessert to share with that special someone on such a lovely day.
Small Batch Strawberry Cupcakes
Follow this recipe to prepare Small Batch Strawberry Cupcakes so that you don’t end up with tons of cupcakes that you don’t need. When you’re preparing this dessert, you can save time and effort while making something delicious worth sharing as a sweet treat after a romantic dinner together.
What You’ll Need to Prepare the Personal Cupcake Recipe
If you’d like to prepare these tasty Strawberry Cupcakes for Two, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Strawberries – Chop your strawberries into tiny pieces before you use them.
- Flour – Use the flour as the base for your cupcake batter.
- Egg White – You’ll combine the egg white with the flour and other ingredients to make your batter.
- Vanilla – Enhance the taste of your cupcakes with a hint of vanilla extract.
- Heavy Cream – Use the heavy cream to prepare a homemade frosting for your cupcakes.
- Powdered Sugar – You can combine the powdered sugar with heavy cream to prepare the frosting.
Other ingredients needed include sugar, butter, salt, baking powder, milk, and chocolate syrup!
How long will it take to make these cupcakes for two?
It will take less than an hour for you to prepare these tasty cupcakes for two. You can expect to spend 10 minutes prepping the ingredients and 12 minutes cooking your cupcakes. It’ll also take an additional 30 minutes of cooling off and frosting the cupcakes before you can serve them and enjoy them with your loved ones.
Do I use fresh or frozen strawberries for this two or one cupcake recipe?
It’s a good idea to use fresh strawberries for this recipe. Be sure to rinse them in water beforehand and then slice them into the tiniest pieces before combining them with your flour and other ingredients to make the sweet batter.
Do I have to use homemade frosting?
The homemade frosting is easy to prepare and has an incredible taste that takes these cupcakes to the next level, so it’s worth it to make it yourself. It’s a simple sweetened whipped cream with strawberry bits and takes no more than 3 minutes to whip up. If you don’t feel like doing that, you can get frosting from your local grocery store.
What toppings taste best with these cupcakes?
A chocolate syrup drizzle goes great on the frosting of these cupcakes. You can also add some more fresh sliced strawberries or other fruits that you enjoy, such as raspberries and blueberries.
Recipe Notes & Tips
- Keep an eye on the oven when baking your cupcakes and remove them when you feel like they’re ready, whether it’s at the 10-minute mark or 12-minute mark. You can use a fork to check the center to make sure these cupcakes have baked all the way through.
- If you want to add a slightly chocolate touch to the cupcakes, you can use a bit of cocoa powder in the cake batter mixture.
- Chocolate shavings are a great addition to this recipe. You can shave pieces of your favorite bar of chocolate using a cheese grater! You can also use shredded coconut.
Variation of the Strawberry Cupcakes
- If you’re not a fan of strawberries, you don’t have to add them to this recipe. You can omit them altogether or replace the pieces of strawberries with a different fruit, such as pineapple, raspberries, or blueberries. If you don’t want to use fruit, feel free to use pieces of chocolate, such as mini chocolate chip morsels.
- You can switch up the flavor of the frosting by adding different extracts to it, such as almond, vanilla, or even peppermint extract, depending on what you like best and believe would taste good with the specific type of cupcakes you’ve decided to prepare.
Prepare this simple, stress-free recipe for a sweet dessert to enjoy with your significant other!
Here’s a bunch of great recipes that are perfect for date night.
More great cupcake recipes.
For Two Cupcakes
- 4 strawberries chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
Frosting and Toppings
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 2 liners.
- Chop the strawberries and toss in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon sugar. Set aside to soften and release the juices.
- In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until smooth.
- Stir in milk and fold in half the strawberries. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until the cupcakes are set. Let cool completely.
- Make the Whipped Cream Frosting. Whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft preaks. Add in remaining strawberries and whip until stiff peaks.
- Top the cupcakes and decorate as desired. Drizzle on some chocolate sauce to make them extra special.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.