I have my favorite mug and my husband has his. I take my coffee with milk and sugar and he takes his black. On school mornings, we fill up our travel mugs to take on the road and enjoy while talking about current events, work, or planning our weekend.
Cream Filled Chocolate Donuts with Coffee Glaze
For the Chocolate Donuts
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 tea baking soda
- 1 egg
- 6 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 C milk (could use 2 Tbsp milk and 2 Tbsp Coffee)
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
For the Cream Filling
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 C powdered sugar
For the Glaze
- 1/2 – 2 C powdered sugar, depending on how thick you want your glaze
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 3 Tbsp Coffee
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually add the dry into the wet and mix until combined.
- Grease your donut pan and spoon the batter in. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool in a wire rack.
- Whip the butter, milk, and sugar until light and fluffy. You don’t want it super thick like frosting, just smooth and creamy.
- Fill a donut injector with the cream and add it to the center of the donut. A little bit is all that’s required.
- Place the coffee, milk and sugar into a small saucepan and whisk over low heat. Spoon the glaze over the donuts, allow the sugar to set up, then serve with your favorite cup of Millstone Coffee.