- For the Mango base
- 1 Ripe Mango
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbls sugar (to taste)
- For the Yogurt Gelee
- 2 Tbls water
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 2 C Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 C Superfine sugar
- 4 Whole Strawberries
- Remove the peel from the mango and place into a food processor. Add the lemon juice and sugar to taste and pulse until smooth.
- Pour into 4 wine glasses and place in the freezer.
- Soften the gelatin in the water and wait for it to bloom.
- Pour the yogurt and sugar into a saucepan and heat over low heat until it thins. Remove from heat.
- Melt the gelatin in the microwave for 10 seconds and stir it into the yogurt. Let sit for 20 minutes to cool.
- Remove glasses from the freezer and pour yogurt over top. Place in fridge for at least two hours before serving.
- Top with sliced strawberries and enjoy!
This recipe was originally shared on Bloom Designs in 2103.
The recipe is from the SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist book and it was outstanding!
My girlfriends enjoyed it and I hope that you do too.
This recipe was featured on Better Homes and Gardens in their 15 Ways to Enjoy Tropical Recipes at Home. Check it out!