Make mini chocolate tarts, of course!
The girls (and adults) LOVED these mini tarts!
They were pop in your mouth good! I loved how quick they were to put together, and that you can customize each tart with the candy itself and all the toppings. These little mini chocolate tarts are so fun to create with your leftover holiday candy, and they’re easy and fast to make.
They’re just such a great way to use up that Halloween candy, that you KNOW will be sitting there taunting you until Christmas!
- 1 box of mini-fillo shells (find them in the freezer section)
- Mini chocolate candies – Rolos, Kisses, mini Peanut butter cups, chopped up Butterfingers, Snickers, Milky Way, etc.
- Other toppings: Whipped cream, Cool Whip, marshmallows, nuts, more chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- You can place the frozen shells on a foil lined cookie sheet, or place them in a mini cupcake pan like we did.
- Unwrap the candy and place them in the shells. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, press down on the melted candy and flatten out the chocolate. If you want to melt marshmallows on top, place the pan back in to the oven to soften the marshmallows or put them under a gas broiler to “roast” them.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, so as not to burn your tongue. Or let cool to room temperature to add whip cream.
- Add toppings and decorate!