So, last week I wasn’t too impressed with the Avocado Mousse… I decided that this week I’d go with something that I did like.
A favorite flavor combination of mine is Pomegranate and Blueberries.
So I put them together and turned them into Jello.
There is no added sugar or sweetener. It’s all the sweet juice from the fruit that flavored this jello.
I wasn’t the only one that really enjoyed this combination. My Little Cup liked it as well.
I added a bit of extra gelatin to the mixture to make it easy to eat with your fingers and make cut out shapes. You could cut back on the gelatin and pour this into a pretty mold with added whole berries in the mixture.
I’m sure that would be great too.
However, Valentine’s is approaching, so you know I had to make some cute heart shapes to put into the lunchbox.
One thing that I’d do differently next time, is to strain off the blueberry seeds and pulp. There were some patches of seeds that settled out while in the fridge that I wasn’t too happy with.
Head on over to visit a few of my friends at
Pomegranate and Blueberry Jello
- 3 envelopes of gelatin (3 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 C Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 C Blueberry Puree
- 1 1/2 C water
- Place a cup of blueberries into a food processor and puree the blueberries. Measure out 1/2 cup of puree and add it to the pomegranate juice.
- Place the mixture into a small pot and bring it to a boil.
- Pour the boiling juice into a large bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Stir in the water and dissolve all the gelatin.
- For thin jello, pour into a large jelly roll pan or into a 9 x 13 dish and refrigerate.
- Loosen the jello by placing the bottom of the pan into warm water.
- Cut out your desired shape, remove with a spatula and enjoy.
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!