It’s been hot and muggy this past week in the Mid-Atlantic. The perfect weather to make some lemonade and cool off in the sprinkler!
Since I have a ton of fresh picked strawberries, I decided to make some Strawberry Lemonade Spritzers.
Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 cups water
- Strawberry puree
- 7-Up, Sprite, Ginger Ale
- Boil 1 cup water and dissolve 1 cup sugar to make a simple syrup. Cool.
- Juice 7 – 9 lemons to yield 1 cup of lemon juice. Mix the simple syrup and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Add the water to dilute to your desired tartness.
- Rim the edges of the glasses with sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of strawberry puree into glasses and pour the lemonade over it. Top off with a splash of soda. I also added some frozen strawberries to keep it cool!
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and strawberry.