It’s been hot and muggy this past week in the Mid-Atlantic. The perfect weather to make some lemonade and cool off in the sprinkler!
Since I have a ton of fresh picked strawberries, I decided to make some Strawberry Lemonade Spritzers.
Fresh Lemonade is a bit of a luxury in our household. We are a bit more accustomed to stopping at Chick-fil-A for a gallon of lemonade, but I wanted to splurge and make some delicious homemade lemonade for my family.
Lemonade isn’t that hard to make; it just takes a little time.
To the lemonade I added some pureed strawberries and a little bit of 7-up. It gave the lemonade a bit of a zip and a zing that I loved!
And so did my daughter. She loves the “pink soda”.
I’ll be enjoying one of these this weekend while gardening, bbq-ing, and relaxing with the family! I hope you are too.
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!
Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer
This Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer is the perfect summer drink! Gorgeous, sweet, tart, and just a tiny bit fizzy - it's the perfect thing to cool you down on a hot day.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 cups water
- Strawberry puree
- 7-Up, Sprite, Ginger Ale
- Boil 1 cup water and dissolve 1 cup sugar to make a simple syrup. Let cool.
- Juice 7 – 9 lemons to yield 1 cup of lemon juice. Mix the cooled simple syrup and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Add the water to dilute to your desired tartness.
- Rim the edges of the glasses with sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of strawberry puree into glasses and pour the lemonade over it. Top off with a splash of soda. I also added some frozen strawberries to keep it cool!
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and strawberry.