These easy Holiday Caramels are super easy to make and taste delicious! They are perfect for the holidays and make great gifts!
Easy Holiday Caramels
Do you love giving delicious edibles to your friends for the holidays? It’s one thing to give the kids something to play with, but who really wants a frame, some novelty socks, or some more Christmas accessories? I can pick all of those things out myself, thank you. But homemade caramels are so yummy and so good, everyone will love to receive some this gift.
You can add fun sprinkles, add chocolate drizzles, or just keep it au naturale. Place it on a platter full of mixed cookies or with a yummy bag of artisan coffee. Now this is a gift that I would love!It’s perfect for holiday hostess gifts, office parties, and school events.
Keep watch for the next six weeks while I bake up lots of different edible gifts. I’ve got lots of cookies planned, some pies, bars, and of course cake pops for you to make and give.
Let the Christmas Baking Season begin!
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 7 oz (weight – not volume) sweetened condensed milk (1/2 a 14 oz can)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Maldon Sea Salt
- optional Sprinkles, Graham Crackers, Nuts, Coconut, etc.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper that has been thoroughly coated with butter.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and milk into a thick bottomed pot. Cook over medium high heat until the butter is melted and the syrup is mixed together.
- Continually stir the mixture, reduce the heat to medium and use a Candy Thermometer to watch for the temperature to come up to “Soft Ball” or 235℉.
- Turn off the stove and continue to stir for another 2 minutes then add in the vanilla.
- Pour the caramel out over the parchment paper and sprinkle on the salt. Just a large pinch or two should do it. Sprinkle on any extra toppings you may want. I used star sprinkles for a holiday touch.
- Allow to cool and harden on the counter for several hours then cut into one inch rectangles. They will be soft and pliable, yet still hold their shape. Wrap the caramels in parchment paper pieces.
Here’s a few more caramel treats for you to devour!