For all you Snicker’s candy bar loving people out there, I give you this easy Peanut Caramel Tart that is loaded with salty peanuts and sweet chocolate.
Peanut Caramel Tart
I am so in love with this dessert. It was easy to make, delicious to eat, and was the hit of a birthday celebration. No fancy cake required for a celebration, just one of your favorite candy bar flavors and some alone time in the kitchen. This dessert is loaded with peanuts and caramel to really satisfy you with its sweet and salty flavor combo. Dig into this Peanut Caramel Tart with a gusto!
So, way back when, I used to be a flight instructor. Yes, I taught people how to fly airplanes when I was 22 years young and did so for nearly 10 years. As a 20 something working gal, lunches really weren’t at the top of my priorities and working back to back flights sometimes meant that I didn’t get a formal lunch break. I hate to admit it, but my go to lunch in a rush was Pepsi and a Snickers from the vending machine. Yep! A Pepsi and a Snickers bar as I debriefed one student and moved on to the next one with no time to spare. It wasn’t a glamorous life, but hey, it’s what I did.
Today, this glamorous life includes a slice of a Peanut Caramel Tart and a cup of coffee to balance it out. No more running from one client to the next, now I have time to sit and eat my treat in peace while my kid is back in school. I can chill out with my book or catch up on a TV show.
BAH! Who am I kidding. I still have no time between laundry, cleaning the house, and running errands. Yeah, I’d probably end up wrapping up a slice and eating it in the car while praying that I don’t get crumbs in my lap.
Here’s to all the mama’s and papa’s out there that eat on the go! Enjoy this grown up version of a Snicker’s Bar!
Here’s a few more Tart Recipes for you to enjoy!
For the crust
- 2 C crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/3 C butter, melted
For the caramel filling
- 20 caramel
- 15 mini Snickers candy bars
- 1/2 C caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 2 C salted peanuts, roughly chopped
For the chocolate topping
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 3/4 C semisweet chocolate chips
- Crush the cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and press into a tart pan. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the caramels, Snickers candy bars, caramel topping and heavy cream in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Cook until smooth and blended. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanuts. Spread over the prepared crust, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the heavy cream in the microwave and stir until smooth. Spread over the caramel layer and refrigerate for an hour.
- Allow to sit on the counter for 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
I used a 13x4-inch tart pan for this project. There was more than enough filling to make this in an 8' round tart pan if you wish. You may need to use 3 C of Nilla Wafers and 1/2 C melted butter for the crust of a larger pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.