White Chocolate Raspberry Tarts
- 1 (4 oz) box Walkers Raspberry Shortbread Cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 7 oz. white chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream (1/4 cup + 1 cup)
- Fresh raspberries
For the Crust
- Open Walkers Shortbread Cookies and place into Food processor. (Enjoy one cookie while pulsing the rest.) Pulse cookies into a fine crumb and then add in melted butter.
- Divide into 4 mini tart pans and press to form. Place into fridge to harden, 1 hour.
For the Mousse
- Finely chop the white chocolate and place into a large glass bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a small bowl until pale in color.
- Place a 1/4 cup cream into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. While whisking, slowly add half the egg to the cream and temper the eggs. Keep whisking so that the eggs don’t cook. Combine eggs and cream and return to saucepan and return to stove. Continue cooking until the mixtures is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and allow it to sit. Do not stir. Let the heat slowly melt the white chocolate for 5 minutes before stirring. If not all the chocolate has melted, use a double boiler to aid in melting the chocolate. Set aside when smooth.
- In your mixer with a whisk attachment, whip 1 cup cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Fold half the whipped cream into the melted chocolate. Fold in remaining cream.
- Spoon the mousse into the tart pans and return to the fridge for another hour.
- Remove from tart pan and top with fresh raspberries.
Optional Raspberry Juice
- Place 1/3 cup raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice all into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat. When raspberries start to release their juices, break up with a fork and cook until berries are all liquid. Press juice through a strainer and discard pulp and seeds. Dot top of mousse with raspberry juice and swirl with a toothpick.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.