Add a great flavor twist by combining sharp cheddar cheese and crisp apples in the White Cheddar Apple Pie recipe!
This is a VERY special (to me) post.
This is my FIRST post with products that were given to me. FREE Products. A Sponsored Post.
This is big news for my little blog!
I’d like to give a BIG THANK YOU to Kernel Season’s Popcorn Seasoning for finding me on Twitter and offering me, and YOU, some free products!
This is what I picked. What will you pick?? They have many flavors to try. Check them out!
I used the Kernel Season’s White Cheddar Popcorn Seasoning to make a White Cheddar Apple Pie.
I have NEVER made this type of pie before, nor have I ever made my own crust. It always seemed like it was such a difficult thing to get perfect. So, I Googled it and Martha Stewart popped up with an amazing looking pie.
If making pie dough intimidates you, head on over and watch the videos of her making this crust. No need to be worried anymore.
I adapted the recipe from here.
How to make the White Cheddar Apple Pie
I cut out the salt and reduced the amount of cheese used and added the White Cheddar Seasoning to the crust.
Using a Food Processor is the easiest way to make pie dough and so, that’s what I did.
It will be crumbly but will hold together when pressed and squeezed.
Once the crusts are made, wash, peel, cut, and core your apples and add the spices.
Again, I omitted the salt.
Bake it for over an hour and let it cool.
You’ll see the cheese in the crust brown up. Doesn’t that look delicious?
The savory and salty flavor of the crust with the sweet cinnamon flavor of the apple was great.
Here are more Pie Recipes.
For the Crust
- 11 oz. Flour
- 1 Tbls Sugar
- 3/4 C Cold Butter
- 4 oz Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 capful of Kernel Seasonings White Cheddar Seasoning
- 1/4 – 1/2 C Cold Water
For the Filling
- 3 – 4 pounds of Apples
- 2 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbls Flour
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
To make the Crust
- In a food processor, pulse flour and butter, about 4-8 pulses, until butter is fine crumbles. Add in sugar, cheese, and Kernel Season’s White Cheddar seasoning. Pulse and add cold water as needed. Check to see if the dough holds shape by squeezing it.
- Dump half out onto plastic wrap and press dough together to form a disk. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Place both discs into the fridge and prepare apples.
For the Filling
- Wash, peel, cut, and core apples. Place them into a large bowl with lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- Once all cut up, stir in sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
For the Pie
- Roll out one pie crust and lay it in the pie pan. Fill with apples. Roll second pie crust very thin and cover apples. Pinch edges together and trim the excess crust off and tuck under the rim of the pie pan. Press edges to form a decorated crust. Cut slits in the top to vent steam.
- Bake at 425 deg F for 20 minutes and then reduce heat to 375 deg F and continue cooking for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.