Tropical Smoothie Bowls
Fresh tropical fruit with a protein based smoothie keeps me full all morning long!
- 1 C Milk of Choice – Whole, 2% skim, Almond, Soy, or Coconut
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1 cup frozen fruit – mango, papaya, and pineapple
- extra fruit for topping
- Add the milk, protein powder and frozen fruit in a blender. Puree until smooth and pour into a bowl or large cup.
- Top with granola and extra fruit.
- Eat with a spoon and enjoy!
I add a scoop of whey protein to my smoothies so that I stay filled up until lunch. I’ve got vanilla and that gives me the versatility to mix and match different flavors.
Getting back to that comment about looking like a bowl… yeah… I’ve been on a very bad gaining trend and I’m not happy about it. Gaining weight sucks, but trying to lose weight sucks even more. I try to be good, but that darn chocolate just seems to creep into my mouth. Controlling my cravings has been really, really difficult and I’m paying the price now. And that price is new clothes in a larger size… not how I’d like to spend my money.