I love simple cake pops, but making cake truffles are just as easy. These Sophia the First Inspired Cake Truffles were made in just under two hours and they look great!
I think that all little girls who are fans of Sophia would love them. My daughter thought they were perfect and so did her brownie troop. The little girls actually fought over them! Can’t say I blame them.
If your little girl is wanting a Sophia the First Birthday party, you can totally make these a few days in advance. You can make all the tiaras whenever you want. Once they are made, they will last forever.
The mold just makes 11 at a time, but the candy hardens so quickly that you can knock out a few trays in an hour.
Sophia the First Cake Truffles
- Purple Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts
- Candy Mold
- Tiara/ Crown Mold
- Pearl Dust – optional
- Make your cake pop batter and prepare your round cake balls.
- Melt the purple and white candy melts according the instructions.
- Fill the candy molds about 3/4 full and place a cake ball into each cavity. Leave them to harden, it should only take about 5 minutes.
- Remove them from the molds and dunk them into the opposite color. Use a toothpick to fill in any gaps left around the sides.
- Allow to dry.
- Make all of out crowns. These can be made well in advance. I gave mine a little dusting of dry pearl dust to add some shimmer.
- I also added some pearl dust to the purple tops to give them a more regal look.
- Add a little bit of melted candy to the back of the crown and attach it to the cake truffle. Hold it in place until it dries.
- Store on the counter away from the heat until ready to serve.
by Karyn Granrud
Gotta Sweet Tooth? Share your recipe with me on Instagram using the hashtag #PintSizedBaker so I can see what you've been craving!
For step-by-step photos, you can refer to this (really old) post.
For more Cake Truffle, check these out!