Bursting with the sweet flavors of cinnamon, vanilla, and Dulce de Leche, this easy, 4 ingredient Horchata Ice Cream will have you asking for seconds.
Easy 4-Ingredient Horchata Ice Cream
Four ingredients – that’s all you need to make this Horchata Ice Cream! It’s so easy and so delightful. It’s full of cinnamon flavors and the dulce de leche adds a smooth creaminess to it that just goes on and on. You’ve gotta try it. Would I lie to you? You and your family will love this 4 ingredient Horchata Ice Cream!
New to Horchata? I was too until a few years ago. Hotchata (pronounced orCHATah) is a milk based drink that is made with rice, almonds, and cinnamon. The rice and almonds are soaked to make a “milk” and then pulverized and flavored. Some recipes online are ready in 1 hour, but most call for 12 hour sit time. I have yet to make my own…
I came across some powdered mix, similar to this, in an international store. I bought the pack and loved it! I made a cup of it to try out and thought that the sweet flavor would be perfect mixed into some ice cream. So, that’s what I did.
I took the three ingredients – cream, sweetened condensed milk, and horchata powder, and then added in some yummy dulce de leche to it! OMG! Beyond amazing!
I also made an amazing Horchata Hot Chocolate Float! OMG! It was amazing! Check it out next!
Don’t forget to check out these fun Ice Cream recipes as well!
4 ingredient Horchata Ice Cream
This easy and delicious Horchata and Dulce de Leche Ice Cream will have you begging for more!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 – 5 tablespoons horchata powder
- Dulce de leche
- Whip the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer until thick peaks form. Add in the sweetened condensed milk and horchata powder. Mix together and taste test. Add more flavoring if desired.
- Transfer half the cream to a large freezer safe container. Add in some dulce de leche to the cream and gently swirl in. Top off with the remaining cream and add some more dulce de leche. Gently swirl in leaving a visible ribbon. Cover and freeze overnight (8-12 hours).
- If desired, add in some extra cinnamon or nutmeg to the ice cream before freezing for a bolder flavor profile.
- Scoop and enjoy!