So, I’m going to be the first one to admit that my attempts at Gluten Free baking have been failures. I really need some help in the gluten free baking department. It’s all so intimidating to me with the additional Xanthan Gum and Guar Gum – it just kinda weirds me out.
So, I tried Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Brownie Mixand it turned out pretty good! I shared the brownies with the students at my daughter’s school and they all LOVED them!
We have managed to get my daughter’s breakfast and lunch 100% gluten free. She usually has an apple and a GF waffle for breakfast. For her lunchbox she gets a a sandwich on GF bread, fruit, gummy snacks, a rice cake, cashews, and carrots. She generally has a little snack when she gets home that may have some gluten in it… And then for dinner, we have something that is paleo friendly. On the off chance that she won’t enjoy the dinner, then we resort to pasta or something easy…
She’s had Quinoa pasta and rice pasta but we need to find something that she likes. If you can offer any suggestions on brands that you like, please let me know.
These ice cream sandwiches were easy to make and she loved them – heck, I loved them 😉
I love that good ol’ vanilla ice cream is gluten free. We won’t have to give that up at least. Add in the brownies and the mini chocolate chips, and it’s a wonderful gluten free dessert that we can all enjoy!
Gluten Free Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Brownies (+ ingredients on bag)
- All Natural Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream
- Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Make the brownies according to the directions on the bag, adding a cup of mini chips to the batter.
- Line a jellyroll pan with foil and non-stick spray. Spread the batter out thin and bake at 350 for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the brownies are set. Watch closely and don’t burn them.
- Allow to cool, cut, then freeze.
- When the brownies are firm, place a scoop of ice cream in the center and create a sandwich. Roll the edges in more chocolate chips then wrap the sandwich in foil or wax paper and freeze overnight.
- Enjoy your delicious treat.
Here’s a few more Gluten Free Desserts