I’m always looking for great snacks that my kid and her friends can come in and grab. Now that school is out, I feel like I’m feeding the neighborhood on a regular basis.
They usually enjoy my cupcakes and cake pops, but I want to give them more than just sugar and frosting.
So, when I came across some fun and easy no-bake granola bars, I thought that they would be great for an easy snack. I first saw them HERE which lead me to THERE and then I adapted it a bit.
I used Chocolate Rice Krispies and then added a coating of Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter and Chocolate.
I also added some raisins which really made them soft and chewy.
The kids LOVED them and so did I. Next time, I’m going to double the recipe so I have more on hand.
They just went too quickly.
You can add some nuts or some flax seeds to add even more healthy ingredients.
I definitely plan on making these again.
Chocolate Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Granola Bars
For the Granola Bars
- 2 C Rolled Oats
- 1 C Chocolate Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1/4 C Butter
- 1/4 C Honey
- 1/3 C Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 C Raisins
For the Topping
- 1/4 C Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter
- 1 3 oz. Milk Chocolate Bar
- In a large glass bowl, mix Rolled Oats, Chocolate Rice Krispie and Raisins.
- In a small saucepan heat the butter, honey, cinnamon, and brown sugar stirring until melted and bubbling.
- Pour over oat mixture and mix until coated.
- Dump into a greased 8×8 pan and set aside. (I lined my pan with easy release foil.)
- In the glass bowl, add the Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter and chopped up chocolate bar.
- Melt in microwave at 20 second intervals stirring between. Two rounds should be enough.
- Pour over granola bars and smooth out.
- Place in fridge to harden.
- Slice bars and est.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat. They soften up and can fall apart at room temperature.
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!