I’m always looking for great snacks that my kid and her friends can come in and grab. Now that school is out, I feel like I’m feeding the neighborhood on a regular basis.
They usually enjoy my cupcakes and cake pops, but I want to give them more than just sugar and frosting.
So, when I came across some fun and easy no-bake granola bars, I thought that they would be great for an easy snack. I first saw them HERE which lead me to THERE and then I adapted it a bit.
I used Chocolate Rice Krispies and then added a coating of Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter and Chocolate.
I also added some raisins which really made them soft and chewy.
The kids LOVED them and so did I. Next time, I’m going to double the recipe so I have more on hand.
They just went too quickly.
You can add some nuts or some flax seeds to add even more healthy ingredients.
I definitely plan on making these again.
Chocolate Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Granola Bars
For the Granola Bars
- 2 C Rolled Oats
- 1 C Chocolate Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1/4 C Butter
- 1/4 C Honey
- 1/3 C Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 C Raisins
For the Topping
- 1/4 C Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter
- 1 3 oz. Milk Chocolate Bar
- In a large glass bowl, mix Rolled Oats, Chocolate Rice Krispie and Raisins.
- In a small saucepan heat the butter, honey, cinnamon, and brown sugar stirring until melted and bubbling.
- Pour over oat mixture and mix until coated.
- Dump into a greased 8×8 pan and set aside. (I lined my pan with easy release foil.)
- In the glass bowl, add the Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter and chopped up chocolate bar.
- Melt in microwave at 20 second intervals stirring between. Two rounds should be enough.
- Pour over granola bars and smooth out.
- Place in fridge to harden.
- Slice bars and est.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat. They soften up and can fall apart at room temperature.
Gotta Sweet Tooth? Share your recipe with me on Instagram using the hashtag #PintSizedBaker so I can see what you've been craving!
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!