Impress your friends with colorful, festive Cornflakes Wreath Cookies. These cookies taste just as good as they look and are the perfect no bake holiday cookies. They are perfect to have at family holiday gatherings and Christmas events at school and work.
When you want to make an easy and delicious Christmas-themed treat for the family, friends, or co-workers, this recipe is the one for you. These cookies are bright green and red, will easily stand out.
I am not sure about you, but I prefer crunchy cookies over soft and chewy ones, so using cornflakes to make these cookies is necessary. They are quickly done and need no baking.
Cornflakes Wreath Cookies
All these yummy treats need are a few simple ingredients for making them at home. You can prepare these cookies by yourself or with the kids, too. If your children like sweet and crunchy treats, I guarantee that they will love these cookies and continuously beg you to make more of them.
Essential Ingredients to Use
Before getting started, check your pantry for these must-have ingredients. If you do not have them, you can easily find what you require at your local grocery store.
- Cornflakes: The main ingredient. Of course, you can purchase the generic brand, no need for fancy here. Choose the plain ones, with no added sugar or other ingredients.
- Marshmallows: The large marshmallows you use in this recipe get melted down and mixed with the cornflakes to create something so heavenly. You can use homemade marshmallows, big ones or mini marshmallows.
- Food coloring: Use a safe food coloring in green and red to give these cookies their Christmas-themed colors.
- Red candies: Okay, the recipe calls for red cinnamon candies, which I absolutely love. However, I know not everyone is a big cinnamon fan. If you do not like cinnamon, pick some other type of red candy, such as M&Ms, to make for your decoration.
I usually have these ingredients on hand because I make the Cornflake Wreath Cookies quite often. I am always making a new batch of these cookies in my house because they tend to go so quickly with everyone eating them all up.
When to Make these Cookies
You can make these Cornflakes Christmas Wreath Cookies whenever you want ahead of time. Make them for your family to take to school with them, and prepare lots of extras for to have at home. My husband has taken these cookies to holiday office parties, and they were a huge hit.
Keep your Cornflakes Wreath Cookies as fresh as possible by storing them in a large container with a lid. You should line the bottom of the container with parchment paper, spread the cookies out, and then place more parchment paper on top.
Be sure to place the lid on tightly to keep air from getting into the container. You can leave the cookies out on a table until you want to grab a few or bring them to the special holiday event you plan to attend. I have used a disposable aluminum container with a plastic lid when storing these cookies for holiday parties.
Here’s a few more great Christmas Cookies for ya!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 50 large marshmallows
- ½ - 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 4 ½ cups corn flake cereal
- ¼ cup red cinnamon candies
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add food coloring, mix well.
- Gently stir in corn flakes until well coated.
- Drop by teaspoon onto the prepared baking sheet and form into wreath shapes.
- Add cinnamon candies while the mixture is still warm.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.