You won’t believe how easy these colorful fall leaves cupcakes were to decorate. Yellow and Orange frosting with chocolate leaves are stunning for your autumn party. Try this recipe.
Adorable Autumn Leaves Cupcakes
These chocolate leaves and stunning colored cupcakes were 100% inspired by the changing leaves on the trees, in the wind, and on the ground here in West Virginia. These Cupcakes are easy to make and are absolutely stunning to serve.
I love the yellow, orange, and red swirls on the frosting. Isn’t it pretty! Doesn’t it just scream FALL to you? Well, it does to me. And these are easy fall cupcakes on top.
Tips on Making the Chocolate Leaves
Making the chocolate leaves is pretty easy. Here’s a template I created that you can print and use.
- Melt the chocolate:
You’ll want to melt your chocolate in a piping bag. I popped it in the microwave for 1 minute at 70% power. Massage the bag and then microwave again for 30 seconds at 70% power. It should be all molten now.
You can also place the piping bag or baggie into hot water to melt.
- Print the template and place it on a cookie sheet. Cover the template with parchment paper or wax paper and snip off the tip of the piping bag.
- Trace the outline: There is no need to be precise or perfect. Make the chocolate a little thick and have the center parts touch the edge of the leaves. Set the tray aside to dry while you make the frosting.
How to Make the Colored Frosting
Make your favorite buttercream frosting. If you’re in a rush, you can whip together a can of vanilla frosting with a cup of powdered sugar and a bit of vanilla extra for some quick and easy frosting.
Prepare a piping bag with a large piping tip – I used a Wilton 1M tip. Dip a toothpick into your desired food coloring and “paint” lines on the inside of the bag.
You won’t always see the color or it may bead up and that’s ok. You’ll see it when the frosting is added to the bag.
As you pipe your frosting, the colors will first appear very bright but will fade as you continue. Don’t add a ton of food coloring. It won’t look pretty and it will run out the tip.
FYI – Food coloring gels work best for sticking to the bag longer than water-based coloring.
I have a lot of Cupcake Recipes!
Colorful Leaves Fall Cupcakes
- Bake your favorite batch of cupcakes.
- Make some vanilla frosting, following our recipe, or mix together canned frosting and powdered sugar until thick.
- Put the frosting into a piping bag with a 1M star tip. Alternate adding a stripe of food coloring to the inside of the bag. Fill the bag with frosting and pipe on your frosting.
- Print out the leaf outline.
- Place a handful of chocolate chips in a baggie and place them into hot water or microwave to melt. Massage the baggie to make sure that it’s all molten then snip off the corner of the bag and pipe leaf outlines onto parchment paper.
- Refrigerate to set the chocolate leaves for 10 minutes. Place a leaf on top of a cupcake and serve at your fall party!
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.