This Easy Fruit Tart is perfect for your last minute summer dessert. Puff pastry crust, some pudding and fresh berries makes this come together in a snap!
Easy Fruit Tart
I’ve got an amazingly easy fruit tart that is perfect for summer entertaining and specially decorated for the 4th of July. I’ve used strawberries and blackberries with vanilla pudding for a red, white, and blue theme. The addition of the star fruit star was the perfect accent to make this perfect for your 4th of July dessert.
Feel free to use berries of your choice. I’m sure any combination of berries would be great.
Easy Fruit Tart
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 3oz package Instant Vanilla Pudding + Milk required
- Pint fresh berries, washed, hulled, cut in half
- Optional – Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Optional – whipped cream
- Optional – 1 slice of Starfruit dipped in yellow sanding sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Unfold your thawed puff pastry and roll with a dusting of flour to prevent sticking. Place the dough on a cookie sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Fold all 4 edges in 1 inch to create an edge. With a fork, poke several holes into the center of the dough. Bake the shell for 10 minutes, or until the edges are browned. For a darker, crispier shell, brush on a whipped egg wash. Allow to cool completely.
- Make your instant pudding according the directions, cover and refrigerate.
- Wash, hull, and cut your fruit in half. Dry and much as possible to prevent the juice from running in the pudding.
- When ready to serve, spread about half of the pudding on the baked shell and add your berries. Serve immediately with a dusting of powdered sugar and whipped cream.
- The pudding will cause the tart shell to soften, so do not prepare ahead of time.