Homemade Butter Pound Cake
I’m so in LOVE with this beautiful Valentine’s Day cake!! It turned out stunningly with the heart surprise inside that is revealed when you cut into it. EEEKKK!! I mean, just look at all of that wonderful chocolate glaze and you just know that this homemade butter pound cake is going to be amazing! I mean, there’s literally over a POUND of butter in this cake… and it’s totally worth every bite!
Homemade Butter Pound Cake
This amazing homemade butter pound cake has a special surprise inside that's easy to make!
Ingredients for Strawberry Pound Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted Real Butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup pureed strawberries
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
Ingredients for Vanilla Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/4 sticks (18 tablespoons) unsalted Real Butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Real Butter
Directions for the Strawberry Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 5 loaf pan with butter and flour.
- Use fresh or frozen strawberries. Place in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside one cup of puree.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter for 3 minutes with a paddle attachment until smooth and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time until batter looks curdled. Add in ⅓ of the flour mixture, and then ½ of the sour cream, ⅓ flour, remainder of sour cream, then last of the flour. Add strawberry extract and food coloring to combine now (may add more to intensify color).
- Fold in half of the strawberry mixture then fold in remainder of strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour to 1+10.
- Allow to cool for several hours. Cut 1 inch slices discarding the ends. Using a heart cookie cutter, cut out heart shapes. You should get two hearts per slice depending on the size of the cutter. Set hearts aside and prepare next cake.
Directions for the Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a bundt pan with butter and flour. Ensure that all crevices are coated.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Stir buttermilk, vanilla and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar for 3 minutes with a paddle attachment until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add in ⅓ of the flour, and then ½ of the buttermilk mixture; ⅓ flour then remainder of buttermilk; then remainder of flour.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared bundt pan. Take Strawberry Pound Cake Hearts and place them upside-down in the batter. Spoon remainder of the batter over the hearts. If heart tips are sticking out of the batter, don’t worry. The cake will bake up over them.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then flip over, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Directions for the Ganache
- Chop chocolate into small pieces. Heat cream in small pot until milk boils. Pour over chocolate and allow to sit for two minutes. Add in butter and stir until smooth and glossy. Pour over bundt cake.
- Cut and enjoy the LOVE inside!