A delicious White Chocolate Cake Recipe that is perfect for any occasion. Use it in place of a butter cake and make an amazing Christmas cake!
White Chocolate Cake Recipe
This is a simple White Chocolate Cake that is rich and moist. I liked the subtle flavor that white chocolate provided. It went very well with the cranberry filling.
The last time I baked a cake, I got an e-mail about her cake falling in the middle. I think we have all experienced this at one time or another. I’ve had many cakes collapse in the center. It’s a learning curve.
Here are a few tips that I provided her to help prevent the center of the cake from caving in:
#1 – Your oven temperature may be off. Try adding an oven thermometer to see what it reads.
#2 – It may not have been cooked all the way. Test it with a toothpick.
#3 – It was over beaten and there was too much air in the batter. The flour and milk should be mixed until just combined. Do not over stir.
#4 – Opening the oven early in the baking cycle can cause major temperature fluctuations. Don’t open the door until the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Finally, if you just aren’t going to bake another cake –
#5 – If it is cooked all the way through, extra frosting will fill in the area or flip the cake over and frost the bottom.
Do you have a cake flop story? I’d love to hear it!
Do you have any other suggestions as to why a cake center falls in? I’d like to know more!
- 8 ounces White Baking Chocolate (with cocoa butter)
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F and grease and flour two 9 inch round pans.
- Melt White Chocolate in a double boiler and allow to cool for 10 minutes once melted and smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter on medium for 30 seconds, then slowly add in sugar. Reduce speed to low and add in eggs one at a time then add in the vanilla.
- Alternately add in flour and milk and mix until just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Finally mix in white chocolate being careful not to overbeat.
- Divide batter into the two pans and bake for 30 minutes checking for doneness.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Cover and store in the fridge overnight.