Learn how to make an interesting and delicious dessert with this recipe for Pineapple Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. It’s the incredible combination you didn’t know you needed.
Make something different from your usual chocolate or vanilla cake with this Pineapple Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. It’s an excellent recipe with easy-to-find ingredients. The cake is flavorful, good for you, and won’t take too much of your time to prepare. You can expect to leave an amazing impression on anyone who tries this cake for the first time. Don’t be surprised when people ask you for the recipe!
What Is Pineapple Zucchini Cake?
The Pineapple Zucchini Cake is a deliciously sweet dessert consisting of pineapple juice, dried cherries, and shredded pieces of zucchini. It’s the combination of ingredients that you didn’t know you needed, but these ingredients pair well together to create the perfect unique and tasty dessert.
Why You Should Make the Pineapple Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s the perfect dessert for pineapple lovers because it contains fresh pineapple juice.
- It’s a light, fruity, and flavorful dessert with the perfect frosting to go with it.
- You can make this cake for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday party or family gathering.
The Ingredients Needed to Make Zucchini Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese frosting
When making the Pineapple Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, make sure you have these ingredients at home:
- Flour. Start with flour as the base for your cake batter.
- Crushed Pineapples. Drain your crushed pineapples and use them for flavor and texture in this cake.
- Baking Soda. Get your cake to bake with the perfect consistency using a bit of baking soda.
- Dried Cherries. The sweetness of the dried cherries tastes great with the pineapple flavor.
- Shredded Zucchini. Press out the extra liquid from the zucchini before you add it to the cake batter.
You’re also going to need all-purpose flour, eggs, pineapple juice (From the can of crushed pineapples), oil, and vanilla for the cake itself. When preparing the frosting for this cake, you’re going to need cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and pineapple juice.
Which type of cream cheese do I need?
When preparing the frosting, use your favorite brand of cream cheese in the original flavor. You can use a brick of whipped cream or the whipped kind, depending on what you prefer and have in your fridge.
Do I use canned or fresh pineapples?
You’re going to use canned diced pineapples for this recipe, along with pineapple juice. It’s just way easier than actually juicing a pineapple.
Do I add the frosting while the cake is still hot?
You don’t add the frosting to this cake until you’ve allowed it to cool down completely. Once it’s cool, apply the frosting, slice the cake, and serve it up.
What kind of cake pan do I need?
Use a 9×13 cake pan for this recipe. Be sure to spray a generous amount of non-stick cooking spray in the pan before adding the cake batter to it. The cooking spray will keep the baked cake from sticking to the pan when it’s time to remove it for serving.
How long does the cake need to bake?
The cake should bake for roughly 30 minutes. Check the middle of the cake using a fork or toothpick. If it’s not quite done at the 30-minute mark, let it bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
Can I add anything on top of the cake?
You can add extra ingredients on top of the cake with the frosting. Once you’ve spread the frosting on top of the cake, add a few pineapple slices and some maraschino cherries on top for flavor. Not only do these toppings taste great, but they’ll also make the cake look even better.
Why does this recipe call for zucchini?
The recipe contains zucchini because it keeps the cake moist and flavorful. It’s a nutritious ingredient worth adding to your cake mixture with the flour, diced pineapples, pineapple juice, and other ingredients.
How do I store the cake?
If you have a plastic cake storage container, use that to keep your cake fresh. Be sure to put the cake in the fridge to keep it in the best condition. It’s also easy to slice the cake into individual servings, wrap the servings in plastic wrap, and store them in an airtight container.
Think Pineapple is just for dessert? Think again. Enjoy a Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball with crackers during drinks with the gals. This Pineapple Cole Slaw sounds like the perfect side with a pulled pork sandwich. And for dinner, enjoy this Grilled Citrus Salmon with Pineapple Salsa or this Baked Pineapple Chicken Marinade. They all sound delicious!
For more awesome Pineapple Desserts, check these out!
For the Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoom baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice (from the drained juice)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (excess liquid pressed out)
- 1 cup dried cherries (optional)
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon pineapple juice (from the drained juice)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Bake the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick baking spray (Pam with Flour).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Drain the pineapple juice into a bowl. Press out excess with a spatula. You should get about 1 cup of reserved juice.
- Mix the eggs, oil, and vanilla together. Add in the drained pineapple and 1/3 cup pineapple juice.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir in the zucchini and dried cherries.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
Make the Frosting
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together gradually adding the pineapple juice and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Frost the cake, slice, and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.