Step into the world of scrumptious ice cream tacos. Fusion of ice cream and crispy, sweet taco shells that’s sure to awaken your taste buds. Ready to dive into this adventure? Let’s taco ’bout it!
A versatile treat
When it comes to these ice cream shells, you can go with what you like the most. You can go classic with vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, or chocolate sauce. Get creative with a fruity twist, like pairing strawberry ice cream with fresh berry compote.
Don’t forget the delicious finishing touch: sprinkles of crushed nuts, sprinkles, crocants, toffee bites or even a drizzle of caramel. Make it a Smarties version, or crush oreos to cover the top.
Go more exotic and sprinkle the shells with grated coconut and fill them with fruit ice cream, such as mango or lime.
Check out the other Ice Cream Recipes for more cool inspirations.
Homemade Ice Cream Tacos
- 6 Pizzelle cookies taco shells
- Ice Cream
- 6 tblsp Chocolate Spread e.g. chocolate fudge, caramel, peanut butter
- 1 cup Dark chocolate melts or chocolate bark
- Garnishes cookie crumbles, dried fruit, nuts …
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- For the taco shells, prepare pizelle cookies according to this recipe, adding powdered cacao to the batter. Bake them a little shorter than you would if you baked them normally. Place them straight from the waffle iron over small boxes that you surely have in the house. Press sides flat against the boxes. It only takes a few minutes for the shell to completely cool and harden.You can also use store bought ice cream shells.
- Smother some spread of your choice over the inside of the shell. Add some fudge, too.
- Soften the vanilla ice cream by taking it out of the freezer for a few minutes. Fill the shells with it.
- Melt your chocolate melts or chocolate bar in a pot or in the microwave. Have plastic wrap ready as well as the toppings of your choice, like nuts, caramel bits, or sprinkles.
- Work quick: Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of melted chocolate over the individual ice cream tacos, sprinkle with toppings of your choice, wrap them immediately in plastic wrap and place them into the freezer to harden. Repeat for every taco shell until they are all placed in the freezer.
- Let freeze for minimum 1 hour. Enjoy!
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.