Everybody loves pink food! These Strawberry Valentine Rice Krispie Treats are made with pink Rice Krispie Cereal and pink strawberry frosting!
Strawberry Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
Well, I don’t know about you, but I believe that pink food just tastes way better! When I spotted PINK strawberry Rice Krispies in the grocery store I knew I wanted to make something with them for Valentine’s Day.
I also love those layered cakes with the dollops of frosting in the middle and used that as an inspiration for these little treats.
The strawberry Rice Kripsie cereal is already loaded with great flavor, but then I added some strawberry frosting to give these treats a great boost of strawberry.
Get a set of graduated heart cookie cutters to make three different sizes of hearts. If you just have one size, don’t fret, that will work just as well.
And before you ask, yes I used caned frosting! Strawberry caned frosting from the grocery store. However, here’s a little tip –
Secret Bakers Tip
Mix in a cup of powdered sugar with your tub of frosting and whip it on high for at least 5 minutes. The frosting will thicken up and lighten up and be more like a creamy buttercream.
Once your frosting is light and airy, transfer it to a piping bag fitted with a round open tip. Pipe on dollops of the frosting covering the rice krispie treat and then layer on another heart shaped RKT.
For extra fun, I decorated the small hearts in candy melts and sprinkles. That step is up to you, buy I thought the extra effort was worth it.
I hope that you and your kids enjoy making these fun Strawberry Valentine Rice Krispie Treats.
Here’s a few more Valentine Candy ideas that you might like.
- 6 cups Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 10oz package of marshmallows
- 1 16 oz tub strawberry frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- pink candy melts
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add the strawberry Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture on to a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Press out to 1 inch thickness. Cool. Cut using the graduated heart cutters.
- Melt the pink candy melts and decorate the top layers of the treats. I just decorated the small one on top with candy and sprinkles.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the strawberry frosting and powdered sugar and whip for 5 minutes.Transfer to a piping bag.
- Assemble the treats by layering on the frosting in dollops and stacking a RKT on top. Repeat for three layers ending with the decorated one on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 112mg Carbohydrates: 85g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 63g Protein: 3g