“Well I saw the thing a comin’ out of the skyIt had a one long horn and one big eyeI commenced to shakin’ and I said oo-ooeeIt looks like a purple people eater to me!”I love this ridiculous song! It gets me every year. Flying Purple People Eaters is just one of those ear worms that works its way in each October! It’s a cute and catchy song that kids and adults can have fun with, laugh together, and have a goofy time!
So, I took the song a bit literally and made some One-Eyed, One-Horned Flying Purple Eater and their delicious little flying saucers!
I decided to make this count as my Birthday Cake. I’m a Halloween Birthday Baby and I love my crazy cakes. And what makes it better are the cake pops!
This project was so fun.
Flying Purple People Eater Cake and Cake Pops
- 2 6-inch cakes, frosted
- 2 jumbo cupcakes, frosted
- 6 Purple People Eater Cake Pops
for the Purple People Eaters
- 1/4 of a 9×13 cake
- 2 tbls frosting
- white M&M's
- purple candy melts
- banana candy
- food coloring pens
- Bake and frost your cake and cupcakes. Put them into the fridge to stay firm while you make your cake pops.
- Combine the cake and frosting in a mixer with a paddle attachment, roll into a round shape and place in the fridge.
- Melt your purple candy melts and get your supplies ready.
- Dip your cake pops in the candy melts and tap off the excess. Dip 1/3 of the M&M into the and place it on the center of the cake pop for the eye. Add the banana candy as a horn. Complete the face using the food writing pen to fill in the iris and the mouth.
- Cut cardboard pieces into triangular shapes and cover them in foil. Place into the cake and cupcake and place the cake pops into the cake.