You’ve gotta make these glazed peanut butter chocolate chip donuts! Trust me, they will be the best dessert you’ve ever made!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Donuts
Hello Pint Sized Baker readers! My name is Betsy and I blog over at JavaCupcake.com… a baking blog dedicated to my love of cupcakes, cakes, cookies, pies… oh my! I’m super excited to be sharing with you my recipe for Glazed Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Donuts.
They’re a baked donut that take almost no time to whip up!
Last week, I was supposed to go to a play-date with some of the neighborhood Moms and their kids and wanted to bring these Glazed Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Donuts. But, my 16 month old son Matty didn’t wake up until 0945 and the play-date started at 1000… so, I wasn’t going to make it.
Hmmm… I wonder who’s going to eat them now…
Anyways… I was inspired to make these donuts from a recipe I saw on Fake Ginger. The picture is what sold me. Seriously, why have I never made these before? My two favorite flavors… in breakfast form! YES!
For the batter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- piping bag + large round piping tip
For the glaze
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- mini chocolate chips, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Spray a large hole donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the peanut butter and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined.
- With your mixer on low speed, add the flour in three parts, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the flour. Mix just until combined or no more clumps of flour can be seen.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Fit a piping bag with a large round tip and fill the bag with batter. Using the bag, squeeze the batter into each donut hole of the pan until it’s filled almost to the top.
- Bake 10-11 minutes or until the tops have slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 1 minute before flipping over onto a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, melt the butter. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. NOTE: It will be VERY thick.
- Add the milk and whisk until incorporated.
- Mix in the corn syrup and the vanilla extract.
- Add the powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. NOTE: You want a mixture thick enough to stick to the top of the donut and not drip down the sides.
- Dip the top of each donut in the chocolate glaze. Shake off any excess and place donut on wire rack.
- Sprinkle the top of each donut with mini chocolate chips.
- Allow glaze to set for 20-30 minutes before serving.