Have you heard of chicken and waffles? Well now you’ve got to try Honey Maple Chicken and Donuts. These are made with homemade maple donuts and then drizzled with honey.
Honey Maple Chicken and Donuts
The dounts were quick and easy to make using canned biscuits and I added a Tyson’s Crispy Chicken Strip for some added protein to my diet. It totally makes this a balanced lunch. I’ve got some carbs, some natural sugars, milk, and chicken.
- 1 can of refrigerator biscuits
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 – 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Tysons Crispy Chicken Strips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and prepare 8 chicken strips on a bake sheet. Bake chicken strips according to the instructions.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oil in a medium sized pot. The oil is ready when it sizzles when water is splashed on it, approximately 350 degrees F.
- Open the canned biscuits and cut a hole in the center of each with a small cutter or just making a hole with your fingers and pulling it open.
- Cook 1 – 2 donuts at a time depending on the size of your pot. Fry for 30 seconds in the oil, then flip over and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove with a slotted spatula and transfer to a cooling rack with a paper towel underneath. Fry up all the biscuits and holes.
- In a bowl mix together the powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup. Stir it smooth and microwave for 10 seconds. Stir again, checking the consistency and then heat again for another 10 seconds.
- Dip the donut tops into the maple sugar and glaze just one side. Return to the drying rack to dip.
- When the chicken is done, top the donuts with the fresh chicken strip and drizzle on some honey.
- Enjoy it with an apple for a balanced meal!
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.