I wrote this blog post as part of a movement by Weight Watchers to encourage people to remember that loving yourself starts with taking care of your health everyday. Though I was compensated for my time and commitment, all views are my own.
Mardi Gras Smoothie
- 1 C Coconut Milk (Or Milk of your choice)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 6 Blackberries
- 1 C Spinach
- Ice cubes
- In a blender mix the milk, protein powder, and banana together. Blend until smooth. Divine into three servings.
- Add the blackberries to one and blend until smooth. Add some ice cubes to thicken the mixture. Pour into a large glass.
- Rinse the blender and mix another third with the spinach and ice cubes. Process until smooth and all the spinach is broken up. Pour this over a spoon and on to the top of the purple layer. You don’t want to two to mix.
- Rinse the blender and add a few ice cubes and a touch of yellow food coloring if you want it more yellow. Blend and pour over a spoon over the green layer.
- Enjoy your fun layered protein shake for breakfast or a lunch substitute. It does a great job of keeping me full.