Craving pumpkin pie but don’t want all the sugar and carbs? Try this Pumpkin Pie Shake that is full of pumpkin power! A lovely Thanksgiving refreshment. Try this autumn shake recipe.
Less sugar pumpkin shake
This Pumkin Pie Shake is sugar reduced and is sweetened by banana, syrup, and honey. You can make it as sweet as you want, but it is not too sweet by nature. The caramel syrup gives it a nice, well, touch of toffee.
If you want to avoid processed sweeteners altogether, use puréed dates and more banana instead of syrup.
Spice up your Shake
You can modify your autumnal Pumpkin Spice Shake to taste. Try it with:
- Toasted Nuts: Sprinkle chopped toasted nuts over it, such as pecans, hazelnuts or walnuts. They add a little crunch and a nutty depth.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: Crushed graham crackers make a great topping for everything (in my opinion). They add this crust flavor to this Pumpkin Pie Shake.
- Pumpkin Seeds: If you use freshly prepared pumpkin purée, you will have left over pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas (Spanish term). Roast them in the oven and sprinkle them on top.
- Ice Cream: Ice cream makes this shake extra creamy and indulgent. Blend in a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream, or chocolate.
- Chocolate Shavings, Sprinkles etc.: Dark chocolate shavings or cocoa powder adds a nice contrast.
- Fruit Additions: For an extra nutritional and fruity boost, blend in apples, cranberries, oranges, or pears.
Aromatic Pumpkin Pie Shake
- ½ C Pumpkin or pumpkin puree
- 1 C Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
- ½ Banana
- ½ Tbls caramel syrup or maple syrup
- 2 Tbls honey
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch of Ginger ground
- 1 pinch of Nutmeg ground
- 1 pinch of Allspice ground
- 7 ice cubes
- ¼ C Heavy Whipping Cream or dairy free cream
- 1 tbls Graham Crackers crushed
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until thick and smooth. An immersion blender works great as well.
- Cut cooked pumpkin into cubes. You can also make your own pumpkin puree and use that instead. Canned puree is a quick alternative.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon and serve.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.Share Pin Tweet (X) Email
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.