Sweet strawberries, raspberries, and banana make a great layered smoothie. Add some vanilla protein powder to this mixed berry smoothie to stay full all morning long!
Mixed Berry Protein Smoothie
Fruit, yogurt, and a delicious taste are what you will get with this Mixed Berry Smoothie. If you’re tired of the same old breakfasts and snacks, then perhaps it’s time you introduce your family to the beauty of a smoothie. While some people like smoothies for breakfast, you can truly enjoy it at any time of the day.
When it comes to smoothies, you may not know what type of fruit to put in it. This particular smoothie calls for strawberries and red raspberries, which is why you get the red and pinkish look of the smoothie. Don’t forget this smoothie also calls for a frozen bananas and vanilla protein powder, so you will be getting lots of nutrients in your frozen drink.
Benefits of a Protein Smoothie
If you don’t drink smoothies, you are missing out. There are actually more benefits to drinking smoothies than you might realize. If you are struggling to get in the day’s vitamins and minerals, then a smoothie might be exactly what you need.
The many benefits of smoothies include getting nutrients that you would otherwise miss out on. We’re talking about nutrients like calcium, Vitamin K, and even fiber. Of course, smoothies are only going to be as healthy as you make them. Using whole fruits and veggies in your smoothie is going to be one smart move.
Some people would say that drinking a smoothie every day isn’t great if you are trying to lose weight. However, a smoothie is one of the best things that you can eat or drink. With the added protein, it fills you up and gives you everything you need for the day! Otherwise, you may be too busy to get all of that good stuff in your body.
How to Make a Smoothie
When it comes to making a smoothie, you may think it’s harder than what it really is. Making a smoothie is easily one of the simplest things you can do in the kitchen. Follow along with this tutorial, so you can understand how to easily make a smoothie! We’ll show you the best recipe for a berry smoothie.
- In a blender mix the milk, protein powder, and frozen banana together. Blend until smooth. Divide into three servings.
- Add the strawberries to one and blend until smooth. Add some ice cubes to thicken the mixture.
- Pour into a large glass. I like to have a little fun with these glasses.
- Top the pink layer with the plain banana to make a layered look.
- Rinse the blender and mix the last third with the red raspberries and ice cubes. Process until smooth. Pour this over a spoon and on to the top of the banana layer. You don’t want the two to mix.
Enjoy your fun layered protein shake for breakfast or a lunch substitute. It does a great job of keeping me full. Layering the smoothie just makes it taste so much better and it’s more fun! Top the smoothie with fresh fruit or granola.
With so many different smoothie recipes out there, it’s fun to come up with a different way of making them and I feel like this is a perfect way! Let your kids help you layer their smoothie, they will have a ton of fun with it!
Do Smoothies Improve Health?
When the right ingredients are put inside of your smoothie, they do improve your health. Getting the right number of vitamins and nutrients in your diet is so important. Smoothies surely do improve your health, so make sure you put the good stuff in it!
Can Smoothies Replace a Meal?
If you are in a hurry and don’t have time to sit down for breakfast, a smoothie really is a good option. Although it may take a while for your body to adjust to a smoothie replacing a meal, it is possible. If you want this Mixed Berry Smoothie to replace your meals, go for it!
How to Make a Berry Smoothie Thicker
Is your smoothie not quite thick enough. Have no fear because there are ways in which you can make any smoothie a little thicker. The more frozen items you use, the thicker it can be! You can even freeze yogurt into ice cubes. How amazing is that? Just a little trick to make your smoothie making go smoother.
When you are looking for something different for breakfast or as a snack, give this layered Mixed Berry Protein Smoothie a try! You will fall in love with the way it looks and how delicious it tastes.
Do you love the flavor of Mixed Berries? Here’s a few great recipes to try out:
- Mixed Berry Mojito
- Mixed Berry Crumble Bars
- Mixed Berry Sweet Rolls
- Mixed Berry Muffins
- Mixed Berry Cheesecake
Here’s a few more awesome smoothies!
- 1 C Coconut Milk (Or Milk of your choice)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 6 Strawberries
- ½ cup Red Raspberries
- Ice cubes
- In a blender mix the milk, protein powder, and banana together. Blend until smooth. Divide into three servings.
- Add the strawberries to one third and blend until smooth. Add some ice cubes to thicken the mixture. Pour into a large glass.
- Pour one of the banana smoothie layer over the strawberry layer with a spoon..
- Rinse the blender and mix the last third with the red raspberries and ice cubes. Process until smooth. Pour this over a spoon and on to the top off the banana layer. You don’t want the two to mix.
- Enjoy your fun layered protein shake for breakfast or a lunch substitute. It does a great job of keeping me full.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 29g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.