Anyway, back to vacation. My daughter and I are headed back to the Big Island of Hawaii. My parents are retired there and I can’t wait to get back each year.
Are you looking for a Big Island vacation without the big price tag? Check out my mom’s rental. Two bedroom, two bath, and kitchen. It’s perfect for a family and saves some money on the process. Mention Pint Sized Baker for a discount 😉
- 1 packet of Graham Crackers
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz chopped chocolate, bittersweet or semi-sweet
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Mint Extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch square dish with parchment or foil. Place graham crackers flat in the pan. Break them to fit, if needed.
- Heat 1/3 cup cream for 1 minute in the microwave and pour over the chocolate chips. Stir together until smooth. Pour half over the graham crackers and place into the freezer while preparing the ice cream filling.
- Whip the egg whites until frothy then add the sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. Add a few drops of green food coloring if desired and the mint extract.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the egg whites and then layer it over the chocolate.
- Top with the remaining chocolate and graham cracker pieces.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 to 8 hours or overnight. Cut up and serve.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.