Don’t be intimidated from the name, these Peach Bellini Merveilleux are simply little meringue cookies stacked and covered with sweetened whip cream.
Peach Bellini Merveilleux
For the Peach Meringues
- 2 Tbsp Meringue Powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 C water
- 2/3 C super fine sugar
- 3 drops Wilton Peach Treatology Flavor
- 2 drops red + 1 drop yellow Wilton Color Right
For the Champagne Whipped Cream
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 3 Tbsp Piping Gel, stirred until very smooth
- 2 – 3 drops Wilton Champagne Treatology Flavor
- 1 drop yellow Wilton Color Right
For the Coating
Peaches are still fresh in my area, but even without fresh peaches, Wilton Treatology Flavor System has you covered. Their collection of 8 unique flavors takes the combinations above regular extracts. So, if peach and champagne aren’t your thing, you can try salted caramel with cinnamon graham or sweet Meyer lemon with fresh basil.
The concentrated flavors go a long way, so just add a drop at a time.
Some tips for making perfect meringues –
- Always start with a clean metal or glass bowl. No oil residue can be left behind on the bowl. It will not whip up correctly.
- Use your stand mixer with a whisk attachment or hand-held mixer – bonus points if yours has whisks and not just beaters. It’ll whip up faster with a lot less effort.
- Do not add any oil to the meringue. Be sure that the colors or flavors are water based and not oil based. Wilton Treatology and Color Right systems are both water based. The oil will just deflate all those air bubbles.
- Meringues will set up better on days with low humidity. Turn on the air conditioner or wait a day to make these. The added moisture in the air will inhibit your meringues from drying.
- If you aren’t going to use these right away, store them in the oven, not in the fridge. There is way too much moisture in the fridge and the dried meringues will get soft and unusable. Simply leave them in the oven with the light on overnight to maintain the crispness.
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.