Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/strawberry-basil-lemonade/
© 2019 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 cups water
- 1 C strawberries, cut up
- 5 – 10 Basil leaves, cut up
- Vodka, optional
- Lemoncello, optional
- 7-Up, Sprite, Ginger Ale
- Make you lemonade. Boil 1 cup water and dissolve 1 cup sugar to make a simple syrup. Cool.
- Juice 7 – 9 lemons to yield 1 cup of lemon juice. Mix the simple syrup and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Add the water to dilute to your desired tartness.
- Chop strawberries and sprinkle with up to a tablespoon of sugar. Add the chopped basil. Let sit out for an hour to allow time for the strawberries to release their juice.
- Add some fruit to a cup, add a cup of lemonade, a shot of vodka and/or lemoncello, top with some soda. Add a lemon and strawberry garnish.
- Relax with your feet up and enjoy!