How can anyone be in a bad mood when there are fun, delicious, and colorful rainbow sugar cookies around? These bright sugar cookies start with a pretty basic recipe and then are colored and flavored with jello. They can help brighten up any day! Get the kids involved and have them mix the jello into the dough and press out the cookies. It’s like magic when you’re done!
I saw the Jell-o Cookies on I Heart Naptime and I followed her recipe. Only, I made all the colors of the rainbow.
- 3½ C Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1½ (3 sticks) C Butter, softened
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Cherry, Orange, Lemon, Lime, Wild Berry, and Grape Jell-o
- Preheat your oven to 350F and prepare a cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Beat butter with a paddle attachment until creamy. Add is sugar, egg, and vanilla and beat until combined. Gradually add in flour and baking powder until blended.
- Divide dough into 6 sections. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Jell-o onto each section. Knead together with dough.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the extra jello from the packets. Place on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat and flatten with the bottom of a cup.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.