It’s that time of year for cookie swaps!
Grandma’s Czechoslovakian Cookies
Just before Thanksgiving I got to baking… Now I know I was only supposed to make one cookie, but I can’t do that. Instead I made three cookies to send off.
and these Czechoslovakian Cookie Bars.
All the recipes came from my Russian Grandmother. I miss her this time of year.
- 1½ C Butter
- ½ C Sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 C Flour
- Lingonberry Jam (or your favorite flavor)
- Powdered Sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 325 deg F. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil or spay with non-stick spray.
- Cream together the butter in sugar with a paddle attachment until well blended and fluffy. Add in egg yolks and vanilla. Beat in well. Incorporate in the flour.
- Spread half the mixture into the pan and press down. Spread jam over dough. I used about 8 oz of jam, I think I should have used more. Take a handful of remaining dough and press in your palms. Lay over the jam and continue to add more of the dough to cover all of the jam.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.