Banana Split Cannoli – An Ice Cream Dessert
This is the final recipe for the Cannoli shells and the chocolate banana ice cream. This is where we put it all together and make a huge banana split dessert out of it! With the cannoli filled with the ricotta ice cream I’ve created layers with whipped cream, strawberries, pineapple, sprinkles, chopped nuts and a cherry on top. It’s quite impressive and feeds a crowd! I know you’re saying, yeah, I’d cheat on my diet for that! And that’s exactly the kind of dessert I was going for!
- 15 [url href=”https://pintsizedbaker.com/chocolate-cannoli-shells/” target=”_blank”]Chocolate Cannoli Shells[/url]
- [url href=”https://pintsizedbaker.com/chocolate-banana-ice-cream/” target=”_blank”]Chocolate Banana Ice Cream[/url]
- 2 C heavy cream
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1 C chopped strawberries
- 1 C chopped pineapple, drain the juice from can
- When you have made your chocolate banana ice cream, place half of the soft mixture into a piping bag or quart sized baggie and freeze for 30 – 60 hours. Place the remaining ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze to eat later.
- Remove the piping bag from the freezer, it should be thickened up and have the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Cut off a 1 inch corner and fill the cannoli shells and add any sprinkles you like. Place the ice cream filled cannoli shells on to a cookie sheet and return to the freezer to completely harden.
- When ready to serve, cut up your strawberries and drain your pineapple from the can. Whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- On a serving tray, place 5 ice cream cannoli and top with the whipped cream, strawberries and pineapple chunks. Add 4 cannoli on top and layer again with whipped cream, strawberries and pineapple. Continue with 3 cannoli, then 2 then top with whipped cream, sprinkles, chopped peanuts and a cherry on top.
Now, I know you’re going to ask me – “Do I have to make it all by scratch?” The simple answer is No, you don’t. You can buy regular cannoli shells at the grocery store and fill then with your favorite ice cream then use Cool Whip in place of the whipped cream. I don’t think that there’s a wrong way to make a dessert like this.
Now, if you’re the adventurous type that wants to go all out and make these, then I solute you! I wanna see your creations.
BTW – you also don’t have to go to such great lengths to actually make a tower. By all means, serve an ice cream cannoli with a side of whipped cream, strawberries, and pineapple. In fact, this is the perfect way to save them for yourself. Keep the ice cream filled cannoli in your freezer and indulge when you want. If that’s at 3 in the afternoon, then by all means – GO FOR IT!!
It’s all good! Enjoy!