One of the best summer desserts, this Blackberry Upside Down Skillet Cake is quick and easy to make for a delicious weeknight treat.
Blackberry Upside Down Skillet Cake
I’ve made an amazing cake with some sweet and fresh blackberries! I love fresh berries in the summer time, and this Blackberry Almond Upside Down Skillet Cake was to die for. With sweet almond extract flavoring this easy cake recipe and delicious blackberries seeping into the cake, it was a total crowd pleaser!
Today I’m guest posting over at Five Heart Home with this amazing recipe, so pop on over there for the printable recipe. You’re not going to want to miss it!
Here’s a few more skillet desserts!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons whole buttermilk
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 10-inch skillet with nonstick spray with flour.
- Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs and almond extract and beat to combine. Gradually add in 1/3 of the cake flour, baking powder, and salt with 1/2 of the buttermilk. Mix and add 1/3 of the flour and remaining buttermilk, mix and then add the remaining flour until just combined. Stir in the almonds by hand.
- Pour the melted butter into the skillet and stir in the brown sugar. Add the blackberries and pour the batter over the blackberries.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes and test doneness with a toothpick. Let cool in the skillet for 30 minutes, then invert it onto a plate and let cool completely. Slice and serve.