One of the best summer desserts, this Blackberry Upside Down Skillet Cake is quick and easy to make for a delicious weeknight treat.
Blackberry Upside Down Skillet Cake
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons whole buttermilk
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 10-inch skillet with nonstick spray with flour.
- Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs and almond extract and beat to combine. Gradually add in 1/3 of the cake flour, baking powder, and salt with 1/2 of the buttermilk. Mix and add 1/3 of the flour and remaining buttermilk, mix and then add the remaining flour until just combined. Stir in the almonds by hand.
- Pour the melted butter into the skillet and stir in the brown sugar. Add the blackberries and pour the batter over the blackberries.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes and test doneness with a toothpick. Let cool in the skillet for 30 minutes, then invert it onto a plate and let cool completely. Slice and serve.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.