This gluten free chocolate flourless cake is a dense and rich cake covered in whipped cream and topped with mocha meringue bark. It’s naturally gluten free!
Chocolate Flourless Cake
This is a mouthful of a dessert. I know it’s not as decadent looking as the Peanut Butter Chocolate cake or the Brownie and Ice Cream Tower, but this cake stands tall on flavor. Don’t let the gluten free aspect of this dessert fool ya. You aren’t missing any flavor from it at all. The dense chocolate cake is amazing, and then it’s topped with lightly sweetened chocolate whipped cream and decorated with chocolate mocha meringue bark. All of it is naturally gluten free, and you don’t have to worry about rice flour, tapioca, or an expensive flour substitute.
You’ve gotta love dark chocolate to enjoy this cake. It’s was not a sweet and fluffy cake. There isn’t much air in this cake and there is no leavening agent to make it rise while baking. Just be sure that whatever air is incorporated into the eggs that it isn’t deflated too much by over-mixing the batter. FOLD the batter over gently until the cocoa powder is combined, then stop.
This amazing chocolate flourless cake is simply delicious. All of the cake, frosting, and meringue is naturally gluten free. It is rich and dense, but the whipped cream frosting is light and fluffy. We enjoyed the added crunch of the meringue.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9 inch round cake pan with additional softened butter and parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and melt in a double boiler with the stick of butter.
- Whisk eggs until slightly frothy, then add in sugar. Temper the eggs with 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate, whisking constantly. Pour the eggs into the chocolate and whisk until combined. Fold in cocoa powder until just incorporated.
- Transfer to cake pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, top with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting and Mocha Meringue pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.