I love Easy Poached Pears. They are quick and easy and don’t pack a ton a calories like other desserts can. I love them with vanilla beans, cinnamon, cloves, and a few raisins thrown in at the end. These alcohol free poached pears is a treat that everyone in the family will love.
Are you a pear fan? My daughter and I love pears! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! They are a fall favorite in my household and come in second to apple consumption.
Enjoy a warm dessert with the family this weekend while catching up on your favorite shows or playing board games. It’s a great way to get some extra fruit into your diet. Enjoy!
Poached Pears, Alcohol Free
- 3 Pears
- 1 Qt Water
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Bean, or 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 5 Cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- dash of ground ginger
- Optional Ingredients – raisins, dried cranberries, cherries, or blueberries.
- Peal and quarter the pears, removing the stem and center.
- Heat water and sugar in a large saucepan and add in the spices.
- Lay the pears into the pan and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Turn the pears over half way through cooking time if they are not 100% submerged.
- Let the pears cool in the juices for another 20 minutes before serving. Toss in a few raisins or dried fruit for a little extra flavor.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers with the juice and serve cold with sweetened whip cream.