I love Easy Poached Pears. They are quick and easy and don’t pack a ton a calories like other desserts can. I love them with vanilla beans, cinnamon, cloves, and a few raisins thrown in at the end. These alcohol free poached pears are a treat that everyone in the family will love.
Are you a pear fan? My daughter and I love pears! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! They are a fall favorite in my household and come in second to apple consumption.
I love poaching them for our dessert. This is a quick and easy dessert that is great for a Tuesday night or a Saturday night dinner party with friends. It can be prepared the day before and warmed up or served cold. I loved the syrup that is created with the pears and the spices. I think that is my favorite part!
Enjoy a warm dessert with the family this weekend while catching up on your favorite shows or playing board games. It’s a great way to get some extra fruit into your diet. Enjoy!
For MORE great Fruit Recipes, check these out
Easy Poached Pears, Alcohol Free
These poached pears are cooked with vanilla, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger and are perfect warm or chilled.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 pears
- 1 quart water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- dash of ground ginger
- Optional Ingredients – raisins, dried cranberries, cherries, or blueberries.
- Peel and quarter the pears, removing the stem and center.
- Heat water and sugar in a large saucepan and add in the spices.
- Lay the pears into the pan and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Turn the pears over half way through cooking time if they are not 100% submerged.
- Let the pears cool in the juices for another 20 minutes before serving. Toss in a few raisins or dried fruit for a little extra flavor.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers with the juice and serve cold with sweetened whip cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 153gFiber: 8gSugar: 136gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.