Last week, I made those Black Roses… I had to open two bags of black candy melts in my Wilton Pro Melter. I asked Mr. Quart what I should do with the extra candy. On the heels of the Booger Pop Tarts, he suggested I make Halloween Candy BARF. Yes, barf…
Thanks, Mr. Quart.
So… I used some of that black candy to make some Halloween BARK.
I could have added a ton of candy and pretzels, but I wanted to keep it simple, clean, and pretty.
All I did was pour out the black candy melts, then added some green and purple candy in a criss-cross pattern. Then I dragged a spatchula diagonally through the colors.
The addition of the black and silver dragees, I thought, made it a bit more classy.
Not quite so kiddie candy Halloween Bark.
And nowhere close to being Halloween Barf. You’re welcome.
- 1 10oz bag of Black Candy Melts
- 2 oz Green Candy Melts
- 2 oz Purple Candy Melts
- Silver Degrees
- Black Degrees
- Green Sugar Crystals
- Purple Sugar Crystals
- Melt all Candy Melts in separate containers.
- Have all sprinkles ready to go.
- Pour black candy onto a warmed wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Add green candy in left to right lines.
- Add purple candy in up to down lines.
- Draw diagonal lines across the candy to create a pattern.
- Add sprinkles and allow to dry.
- Once candy is dry, break into pieces and serve.
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!
This post was featured at: