Chocolate Mousse is always a great dessert, so why not make it extra spectacular when you serve it up as these Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones covered in sprinkles.
Halloween Chocolate Mousse
Everyone loves food served in an ice cream cone. I’ve seen more, and more treats served this way on Instagram, so I figured that serving up some chocolate mousse in sprinkle coated ice cream cones would be fantastic!
These are perfect to hand out at a Halloween party with little ones. I know they all want ice cream, but these won’t melt and make a mess. Heck, you can even freeze them and make them more ice cream like if you really want. They will freeze and thaw beautifully.
Making your own mix of sprinkles is fun, but it’s so much easier to get a package of a mix from Sweets & Treats. I used their Dragon Dreams mix on these cones, and I loved the mix of purples and green.
To add the sprinkles to the cones, I simply put melted chocolate chips around the edge of the cone and then rolled it in the sprinkles. So easy and so pretty. Don’tcha think?
One word of advice: You must fill them and serve them on the same day. These are, after all, they are just ice cream cones and the mousse will make them soft if they sit for too long.
I made the mousse and divided it into two piping bags. I reserved one in the fridge to firm up and keep cool. The other one I used to pipe out the swirl on a cookie sheet and popped it into the freezer for a few hours. When you’re ready to serve them, fill the cones and add the frozen top. Of course, you can use any flavor of Mousse for these.
Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones
- 5 ¼ ounces bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 14 ounces cold heavy cream
- 3 large egg whites
- ounce Crystals sugar
- 4 Mini Ice Cream Cones
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Dragon Dreams Sprinkle Mix
- Place chocolate in a large bowl set over a double boiler (glass bowl over a pot of water) at a low simmer. Stir chocolate until melted. Turn off the heat and let stand.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Set aside and hold at room temperature. With a mixer, whip egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until firm.
- Fold the egg whites into the melted chocolate. When the whites are almost completely incorporated, fold in the whipped cream. Cover the mousse and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until set.
- Decorate the ice cream cones. Melt the chocolate chips and schemer it on the top 1″ of the cone. Roll in the sprinkles.
- When ready to serve, fill in the cones with the mousse and top with sprinkles.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.Share Pin Tweet (X) Email
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.