Chocolate Mousse is always a great dessert, so why not make it extra spectacular when you serve it up as these Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones covered in sprinkles.
Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones
Everyone loves food served in an ice cream cone. I’ve seen more and more treats served this way on Instagram, so I figured that serving up some chocolate mousse in sprinkle coated ice cream cones would be fantastic!
These are perfect to hand out at a Halloween party with little ones. I know they all want ice cream, but these won’t melt and make a mess.
Heck, you can even freeze them and make them more ice cream like if you really want. They will freeze and thaw beautifully.
Making your own mix of sprinkles is fun, but it’s so much easier to get a package of a mix from Sweets & Treats. I used their Dragon Dreams mix on these cones and I loved the mix of purples and green.
To add the sprinkles to the cones, I simply put melted chocolate chips around the edge of the cone and then rolled it in the sprinkles. So easy and so pretty. Don’tcha think?
My kiddo loved these Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones. She thought it was so much more special to have sprinkles on the cones.
One word of advice: You must fill them and serve them on the same day. These are after all, just ice cream cones and the mousse will make them soft if they sit for too long.
I made the mousse and divided it into two piping bags. I reserved one in the fridge to firm up and keep cool. The other one I used to pipe out the swirl on a cookie sheet and popped it into the freezer for a few hours.
When you’re ready to serve them, fill the cones and add the frozen top.
Of course, you can use any flavor of Mousse for these. Like a Lemon Cheesecake Mousse, or try this seasonal Gingersnap and Sweet Potato Mousse, and for an extra special adult treat this Champagne Mousse looks amazing!
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
- Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
- Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
- Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
- Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
- Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Hocus Pocus Spellbook Cookie Sandwiches from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Spider Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Skeleton in the Grave Dirt Cups from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Super Spooky Graveyard Cake from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Snack Mix from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Royal Icing Eyeballs from Kudos Kitchen
- Black Chocolate Cupcakes Filled with Slime from The Baking Fairy
- The Crypt Keeper Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Deviled Tea Eggs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Jack-O-Lantern Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Brownies from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Candy Cookie Skillet from Katie’s Cucina
And this Monkey Brain Bread is a huge hit with family.
- 5 1/4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 14 ounces cold heavy cream
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-ounce Dixie Crystals sugar
- 4 Oreo Ice Cream Cones
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Dragon Dreams Sprinkle Mix
- Place chocolate in a large bowl set over a double boiler (glass bowl over a pot of water) at a low simmer. Stir chocolate until melted. Turn off the heat and let stand.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Set aside and hold at room temperature. With a mixer, whip egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until firm.
- Fold the egg whites into the melted chocolate. When the whites are almost completely incorporated, fold in the whipped cream. Cover the mousse and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until set.
- Decorate the ice cream cones. Melt the chocolate chips and schemer it on the top 1" of the cone. Roll in the sprinkles.
- When ready to serve, fill in the cones with the mousse and top with sprinkles.
You can make the mouse "tops" of the cones ahead of time. Divide the mousse into two piping bags and fit one with a Wilton 1M piping tip. Pipe pout on to was paper over a cookie sheet and place in the freezer until ready to serve.