This twist bread is the perfect for brunch. My orange cardamom breakfast twist bread recipe is a homemade treat that the whole family will love.
Orange Cardamom Breakfast Bread Twist
When you’re wanting something buttery, sweet, and flaky, this Orange Cardamom Breakfast Bread Twist is just what you need. The orange and cardamom flavors bring out the uniqueness of this breakfast bread twist. Some would say it tastes like a danish and others like a delicious donut! Whatever it tastes like, there is no doubting that it’s delicious!
Breakfast in our house looks different a lot. Sometimes we have cereal and other times we get a little fancy. I like making this breakfast bread when we have something fun going on that day. Maybe this bread is perfect for Grandparents Day, a late start to the school day, the first day of school, the last day of school, you get the point.Whatever counts for a special day in your family, we make any excuse to make this delicious Orange Cardamom Breakfast Bread Twist.
When I choose to bring this bread twist to get-togethers or even to a meeting, people can’t get over how beautiful it is! I know it sounds crazy for bread to be gorgeous, but this bread is truly that pretty! The icing has a way of getting down into every crevice, making it not only a pretty bread that everyone loves, but also a delicious treat that no one can pass up!
Some would say this bread has the flakiness of a danish, I would agree! As you bite into it, it’s light and fluffy and definitely a perfect blend of bread for breakfast. If you’re ever in a pinch and aren’t sure what to make for breakfast, this treat will do the trick.
I would describe this lovely Orange Cardamom Breakfast Bread Twist as a burst of orange flavor that is sweet and will satisfy that sweet tooth of yours! I encourage you to branch out and try new flavors, you may be surprised as to how much your guests will love the Orange Cardamom flavor.
How Easy is This Recipe?
I understand that there are recipes for twist bread that you can make from scratch. While some of this is made from scratch, the dough is formed from hot roll mix. You guys, you cannot go wrong with this hot roll dough. It will help create the most delicious and amazing bread you’ve ever had! Yes, it’s perfect for making sweet bread too.
Breakfast bread is VERY popular, especially in our home. Once people find out you make this, they’ll start asking you all the time to make it. It’s so unique, but so tasty! Remember that I like to create desserts that look amazing, but really aren’t all that hard to make. This recipe fits in the category. The end result may look like it’s hard to do, but you’ll be able to ace this recipe in no time.
What’s Cardamom Mean?
Some of you are new to baking and may be wondering what the word cardamom means. This is nothing too fancy, so don’t worry. You can find this at your local store. It’s described as “the aromatic seeds of a plant of the ginger family, used as a spice and also medicinally.”
Cardamom isn’t super strong in this twisted bread, but it does make the Orange Cardamom Breakfast Bread Twist amazing and worth trying. When I first mixed orange and cardamom flavors together, I knew I had to make bread out of it and I did!
Is Bread Hard to Twist or Braid?
I know you may be thinking that bread is so hard to make already, how can I make it look so pretty?! Have no fear because bread isn’t hard to twist at all. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll want to start making more twisted bread recipes.
You may want to consider practicing on dough because you do the final round, however, this is not necessary. Practice does make perfect, so the more you give it a try, the better off you’ll be in the long run.
If you’re looking for something yummy to make for the family or for the next potluck, this is the recipe you need to make. I’ve never had anyone try my Orange Cardamom Breakfast Bread Twist and not love it.
Have you ever made breakfast bread? I love to serve coffee, tea, or homemade orange juice with ours! A little sweet, with bursts or orange and cardamom, this breakfast bread is changing the way people view breakfast at home.
Looking for more ways to enjoy the great flavor of Cardamom? Try these recipes:
Need More Breakfast Inspiration?
- 1 (1 pound) package hot roll mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons flour, all-purpose
- 1 ½ teaspoons orange zest
- ¾ teaspoons ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- Prepare the dough according to directions on package for hot rolls, knead as directed
- Place dough in a large bowl, cover with a towel and let stand 5 minutes
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 16x10 inch rectangle
- Spread butter over dough.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, zest, cardamom and salt.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over butter evenly, gently press mixture into dough.
- Starting with one long side, roll the dough into a log, pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam-side down, cut in half lengthwise, stopping 1 inch from the end.
- Twist halves together 3 or 4 times.
- Gently place dough in a 12-inch cast iron skillet, forming a ring.
- Pinch long end together to seal.
- Cover, and let rise in a warm draft-free area until doubled in size, approximately 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Uncover and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice, spoon over spoon.
- Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
Store leftovers in airtight container
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 0g